Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 Draft #4   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Wine13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure what you all are looking at, but he is listed as a 3rd baseman. With Toyoda at 3rd and Love at SS coming up(4pts up in fielding last couple years and probably more coming). 2 20 arms on the left side, I would probably leave them alone. You could switch them maybe, but haven't played long enough to know if it's worth it. Maybe some of the veterans who play the game would know better. Thats 2 Asian League signees with initial SI of 104 or better this year. Nice catch though!
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
His listed position really doesn't mean anything when first drafted. You give him training at the position you want him to play by selecting a position you want him at on the "Minors" screen. It is that drop down menu next to each position player. Very often his drafted position is not the best position considering what his end skillset will be. This can gain you multiple wins by having people play the best position their skillset is designed for.

Edit: Looked at Love, his 14 range is significantly lower than Toyoda's 18 range, and their fielding and arm look similar. You want more range at shortstop than 3B considering the way that defense is calculated. You have time to switch their positions (Love at 3B and Toyoda at SS) if you start right now, but considering their ages if you don't make the switch soon it may be better to keep them where they are because if they don't have at least the small letter position by the time they are ready for the majors then it would be a very painful repositioning in terms of errors.

Updated Friday, February 19 2016 @ 12:11:50 pm PST

Updated Friday, February 19 2016 @ 12:12:21 pm PST
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Expected junk, got junk.

At least I got good news today, Grove dinged major league ready today, now I have to see if I'm going to play him or my recent offseason pickup Cardona.

Updated Friday, February 19 2016 @ 1:42:26 pm PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple of really good Japanese players came out of round 4, so joining others in going to the well was risky but thought I'd try it, see if it had run dry! Got this guy:-

http://brokenbat.org/player/125938

See if his bat ever comes along, but an excellent fielder, 98 SI/13 POT in round 4? I'll take it.

Surname straight from The Usual Suspects, too! :)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
13 potential end range for SI is 104-111. Between not having a hitting message and the fact that he is no more than 13 points away from finished growing, I'd say you aren't going to get more than 11 hitting from him.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
14pt 18 year old pitcher so I am quite thrilled :). Unfortunately, however, he is marginally underdeveloped and he's got a somewhat large portion of his SI tacked on to range/arm, but I'll take a 14pt pitcher regardless of his warts.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@5L1NK- The Carlton is going nowhere. His minor league ERA and name alone are worth keeping. It is nice to have to make tough decisions.

Oh and for the guy who picked the Asian guy with all 18 or above fielding skills, put the guy at SS. especially in VI it isn't going to hurt you that much. I've trained my entire infield in the job in the majors. Not ideal, and I make a few more errors than the I'd like right now, but I'm happy with where my team is overall because of it.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ramon Rocha: Catcher of the future.

Excellent hitting draft so far for the Catfish, not so much on Pitching.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would definitely train that guy as a SS. That range and fielding would be wasted at catcher.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I regret not going HS, but here is my second college selection - who was an immediate cut due to low expectations.

Chase Pulliam

Previous Page | Show All |