Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Learning pains   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has already confirmed that a pitchers performance suffers the more fatigued he is (throughout the game). If my starter has given up 10 runs in the second inning, he is probably starting to run out of steam. That's why I would replace him. Your starter doesn't pitch with the same effectiveness after 100 pitches as he did after 10 pitches.

Updated Tuesday, February 23 2016 @ 3:18:15 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, but is he really throwing 100 pitches in 2 innings?

And even if he does throw too many pitches, isn't that what the pitch count limit is for?

I'm all in favor of yanking the guy when he exceeds his pitch count... but the problem is the only pitch count override doesn't kick in until after 150.

I would love for an override based on your actual settings, which I've said before.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, if you don't have a pitcher you'll allow to enter that early, then the pitch count setting won't take effect. There has to be a pitcher that is allowed to enter in order to replace a pitcher.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly. We can't have it both ways is my point. I'm not against a rested reliever pitching over a fatigued starter, but I don't care to replace him just for runs alone if the game is still close.

Since the system doesn't work that way, I'll stick to my settings and hope no starter is throwing 100 pitchers before the 4th inning somehow without the game being a blowout.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would rather have a pitcher hooked early in the game then have a guy throw 160 pitches (which is what happened to me).

If we can't have it both ways, I'd rather have the rested reliever. But who says we can't have it both ways?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

But who says we can't have it both ways

The game system?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL, I meant if Steve makes a change, but yes I see you meant with the game as is.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there a reason my RHS comes in to the game to pitch the 9th inning of a game I'm leading by one run, as opposed to my closer?

I was almost screaming my disbelief (and yes I may be missing something) at the screen as my RHS (and his 8.25 ERA, which is another story) gave up two runs against the division-leading team when my closer could have shut it all down. At least I tied the game in the bottom half and won it in the 11th on a bases-loaded walk!
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Amalric, I'm guessing it was due to Schneider's low energy. It listed him with moderate fatigue before the game.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, Closer wasn't available to pitch, so it next looks at RHS/LHS versus the appropriate handed batter and then SU.

If you don't trust a guy to come in during close games, probably shouldn't put him in RHS or you could make his RD in such a way that prevents him from entering in close games.

It's logical that a setup man of some sort backs up the closer when the closer's not rested.

Updated Thursday, February 25 2016 @ 10:34:38 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |