Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 Draft #6   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Catch and release... 13POT 18yo C with a ton of range, outstanding field, and no arm... also no positive offense other than "decent slugger"

Not the worst pick in the world, but not someone who could be useful to me at this point in time. I have other, better prospects in the minors at any position he could feasibly play. If he was an actual C, it would be another story.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The second coming of Scranton's Dave Krieg, but with a better arm?

Micah Maddox is a 17-year-old high school catcher who can develop into an above-average slugger, and can be solid in the field, with an arm of 15. I'm pretty pleased in what were low expectations for this round.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
went Latin and received a 1b 13 potential 1b named Crespin. I'll hold onto him for now.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I got another decent pitcher. I will hold him until next Friday, but ultimately his fielding SI is far too high to be a long term keeper on my team.
mjhack

Binghamton Bobcats
VI.15

Broken Bat Baseball
@ newtman, would you mind explaining the fielding statement? Are you implying that players can use up potential in less needed skill? I went Latino for this draft and had no choice better than "good". Took a swing and a miss.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
mj - I think Newt has the same theory as me in that fielding contributes to the SI and therefore takes SI that could be pitching.

Using 2 of my own minor leaguers as an example; Garrett has low enough fielding stats that he's basically a 13 pot guy (total of 13 tied up in arm/range), whereas Finley has 27 tied up - even allowing that fielding points for pitchers are only worth half an SI, that's 7 SI which won't go into pitching stats - can make quite a difference to the finishing of a pitcher. I don't feel I've explained it terribly clearly but hopefully you get the idea.

Updated Friday, March 4 2016 @ 3:17:19 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Had two goods and one very good, but I didn't like they all lacked positive hitting reports. Newtman might have liked a couple of them ;)

Ended up going with an above average 2B with "Good Hitting".
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No one with the Good Potential. It's round 6 and I had 4 great drafts, so I'm okay with this one being a catch and release.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@mjhack, what JJNZ said is a fairly accurate description. If a player has a listed 12 potential that means they will likely cap between 96-103. The listed player had 38 SI tied up in fielding skills, and was likely to have a few more in fielding itself by the time he was done. That would leave approximately 58 SI at most to be distributed among stamina plus the actual pitching skills. Although he was likely to max out with a devastating breaking ball, his velocity, CoS, and control were likely to be fairly low, meaning that at best he would be a one pitch pony, assuming his control got high enough to allow that pitch to be thrown effectively.

Note: All of this analysis assumes that the average batter that the pitcher will be facing is of a high enough quality to be playing in LL II, which is a significantly better average batter than that faced in LL V and VI.

@Rock, Raleigh is set on position players thank you, however the minors are holding open tryouts for any and all pitchers who think they can actually get outs without allowing a ridiculous number of runs.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Almost tempted to don't draft this week, because i didn't know who release.

Released my last draft pick who was a decent 2b http://brokenbat.org/player/126271, and picked another 2b http://brokenbat.org/player/127044.

Quinonez was more advanced, young and switch hitter. Jenkins has a way better description. i think i've been lucky to find this kind of player at round 6, even if i thought his potential would be higher (he'll have low BC and PD).

Previous Page | Show All |