Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Hitting skills explained...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
So to say a player with great hitting.
Will be good bat control and hitting.
A good slugger will have power and PD.
But why do most players have good BC and P?
But have poor batting avg. and rarely hit home runs.
Then they have the players with good PD and H.
But hardly ever hit a RBI with bases loaded
they always seem to fly out.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My observations:
high hitting and power, no BC or PD -> lots of hits, lots of HRs, lots of strikeouts

high hitting, power and PD, no BC -> lots of hits, lots of HRs, signigicantly fewer strikeouts, lots of walks

high hitting, PD and BC, mediocre power -> singles hitter, few strikeouts, lots of walks

low hitting, mediocre PD and power, high BC -> few hits, but a lot of HRs, few strikeouts, some walks

This is only for my players, I'm not analysing other teams too thoroughly, but I think it's easy to see how each skill affects players' stats.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Burton should be my best hitter, even with a 9 BC, but he has flat-out sucked this year, after sucking during spring training. He's only playing these days when injuries strike, because all my 'lesser' hitters have been much, much better.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Players also sometimes have "off" seasons, when they do suck for no apparent reason. Examples from my team Doyle in 2024, Reyna's numbers are just all over the place, and a pitching example Kent this season.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Burton is a very small sample size ... I would try to ride out that slump.

I'd take Doyle's 2024 any day from any of my players - but I've never had a player with that kind of hitting scouting.

Gregory had a pretty brutal off-season in 2021, but bounced back in a huge way in 2022

amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I would have tried to ride Burton through his slump in the hope he turned it around, but part of the problem is that I have another guy who is basically a DH-only in Parisi, and he's been killing it all year - a .305/.392/.588 slash line, with 22 HR and 100 RBI through 101 games.

So Burton only gets in when Parisi is out, which is hardly ever. We're leading our division in a pennant race, and everyone else is delivering with the bat, so what chance does Burton have? He's just going to have to wait it out, but at age 31 his days may be numbered.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was drooling over this guy when I first saw him on the waivers. But when I saw his BC growth I decided to skip him.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Who's advertising guys on the boards now?!

;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
:) Its ok to advertise a guy you don't claim :p
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha! Fair point! :D

Previous Page | Show All |