Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2026 Draft #10   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except knowing the guy is an athlete doesn't even give me a clue which position he should play. I have good defensive players at most of my positions, but they emphasize different skills.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
To be fair, Benedict (6 point difference) was created 4 seasons ago. I do think the split can still happen, just rarely. Your point is still very relevant Newtman.

EDIT: Lol, this conversation is happening to quickly... Lots of overlapping posts...

Updated Tuesday, April 5 2016 @ 9:17:11 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It doesn't have to be exactly as I suggested (the three traits together), but something different than the current system would be an upgrade.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Except knowing the guy is an athlete doesn't even give me a clue which position he should play. I have good defensive players at most of my positions, but they emphasize different skills.

Yeah that was my point as well. It might be useful for SS or CF where I want someone good at all those things, but for any other position it would be a waste. Especially positions like 2B, C, 3B where I actually want a high range/arm split.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

It doesn't have to be exactly as I suggested (the three traits together), but something different than the current system would be an upgrade.

I'd disagree. Change doesn't always mean upgrade, and I think it works pretty well as is. I think it would be easy to mess up the balance with changes.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The range being tied to speed seems to work sort of like a bell curve though with 98.7% of players having range be +/- 5 points of speed. No they are not perfectly aligned, but nothing like Reyna (who used to be 19 speed but has always been 6 range) gets created any more. Thus if anything needs to be added it is an arm report, because we can already get a ballpark figure on range.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd disagree. Change doesn't always mean upgrade, and I think it works pretty well as is. I think it would be easy to mess up the balance with changes.

Since this has been the struggle since I joined Broken Bat, I don't really want to rehash it again for the umpteenth time, but if everything is always great and nothing should ever change, then we wouldn't have waivers or several other features that you would defend if people wanted them changed in some way.

Everything is improvable. There should never come a point when you aren't looking for improvements to every feature.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It seems like completely mischaracterizing what I say in order to setup a strawman argument has become your modus operandi.

I NEVER said "everything is always great and nothing should ever change". This is your typical tactic. I said that not every change is an improvement. You have to be a very special person to argue with that fact.

If everything is always great and nothing should ever change, then we wouldn't have features like "search by POT", which you apparently think was a great addition since it was a change.

Updated Tuesday, April 5 2016 @ 11:56:52 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There's not going to be an argument over this. I'm not interested in participating in one. I was stating a philosophical position regarding a fundamental aspect of how a game like this improves. Agree, disagree, your opinion is as valid as mine. Good luck on the upcoming season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty sure that we all just had a very long winded argument. But whatever, everyone defines things differently.

Previous Page | Show All |