Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> You gotta hate hindsight (part 2)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So two years ago I had to pick between Hogan and Purcell. I went with the hitting manager (mostly because I found him first).

Although MukilteoMike thinks these guys are equivalent, using real math I quickly saw that I choose the wrong guy.

This year I had the exact same choice to make between Donahue and Puente. I picked the pitching manager this time. Hoping hindsight is kinder this time around ;)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm guessing Hogan is going to end up 12/12/20/18. Pretty nice!

Updated Sunday, April 10 2016 @ 10:29:11 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope you don't write history books. No one would even recognize the world you would be writing about. Good luck with that guy.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Well after my team went 60-50 in the last 110 games I decided to change my manager from Mason to Sheridan. I'm dropping a level in pitching and development while hitting stays the same, but the three level increase in defense (and one level overall) might help keep me in IV.4 after gaining promotion in my first year.

Might have had a better new manager if I hadn't been away for the weekend, internet-free!

Updated Monday, April 11 2016 @ 8:55:15 am PDT
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just want to point out that these guys ended up only two total points from each other. The 20 and 18 are probably way more valuable than the two 16s, but, IMO, neither was a bad choice (especially considering the recent batches of managers).
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hogan would be the pick for me. How does the old saying go? "You can never have enough pitching." Better to have a manager who helps that, given the choice.

Changing managers didn't work for me, was demoted that season anyway. At least I didn't suffer any noticeable drop in development - my team actually developed better with Sheridan than Mason. Martinez has been much better, as you might expect.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hogan is definitely the better manager, which was the point of the post. Two points is a LOT when you are talking about two managers with similar scout reports. I projected him to have one more point in both hitting and defense then he ended up with. This post was from back before anyone believed me that you could project where managers skills were.

Either way, I know the guy I have now is better than Purcell at least. Hopefully better than Hogan as well.

Previous Page | Show All |