Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> halfway point of 2027 draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
C for me so far

Good DH, good 1B ... riding on Steve Petty developing more CoS + control than glove/stamina right now
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've kept no one for my first time as an owner (11 seasons). Grade: F.
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
D so far. Two players are still on the roster, but will most likely be cut by the end of the season.

Without a doubt my worst draft.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
One pot14, two pot13's, one pot12 and one throwback. A- for my first full season in BB... now if round 6 can show me a pitcher worth keeping I'll upgrade it to an A.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With two so-so keepers, it has been an average draft so far. One more keeper over the second half will keep me at par.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Update on yesterday's post - cut my 5th round pick today to clear roster space. A 25-yo 11 POT 3B with little room to grow, and six guys of varying ages who can all play the position around him, had to go.

C/C+
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Only one keeper so far, albeit he's a blue-chip 14pt prospect. I'll say C+ so far.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a 14, 2 13's and 2 12's so far. The 14 is a 1B already playing in the bigs and doing quite well, the other Asian league signee pitcher was in the majors, but got demoted because he stunk up the show the couple of times he pitched. I got 2 other P's that look like they can be serviceable in the future, and a position player that could be a 2B or SS based on his scouting report. Overall I'd call it an A- so far.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been through rough draft patches before so maybe this is just one of those but barring the first week, I've seen very little to get excited about. Maybe my dry spell just coincides with the changes.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One underdeveloped 13p outfielder with mediocre ceiling in the first round, who would probably be on the hot seat if the alternatives hadn't been as abysmal. After that, not a single "very good" in my selections, and the "good" draftees were one 12p position player and four 11p. I don't think I needed more than twenty seconds for the release button in all five cases combined.
I wasn't happy with the 2025 draft, and after an even poorer 2026, I thought it couldn't get any worse than that. Think again.
It's not like I'm so spoiled that I'm not happy with players that might actually have a value or too naive to see how to squeeze the value out of those 12p guys that somebody else might. None of my draftees over the last two and a half seasons that I released are currently under contract anywhere else, not even with league 6 teams.

Previous Page | Show All |