Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> High and Low seasons for players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok this season my pitchers are first in our league for giving up HR but second in era. I have one pitcher who was all league last season but cant seem start and not give up a HR in one of the first two innings.

So my question is do players have ups and downs and their is a bit more than random chance going into the variation of each season.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Look at Cardona in 2026, then look at the rest of his career. In case you can't tell, the answer is yes, players can just have a run of good or bad luck that lasts an entire season. It is rare, but can and does happen.
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
my question though is it luck or does the game have a value for each season, or something to that effect.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think the game assigns a random value for every season as to how good your player does. Too many variables. Could be he's facing better competition this year, or just hasn't gotten it together yet. Now, if he falls off a cliff I might be tempted to get concerned, but if his career numbers are better than his season numbers, the season's probably an outlier.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As quanin said, it is a combination of the competition faced (teams change even in the same league), and luck (the game operates on an AB basis, but long hot or cold streaks can happen with random numbers just look at a RNG).

Previous Page | Show All |