Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Frequently injured players (proneness & performances)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There are hidden traits. It says so in the manual. Many of us believe that injury proness is likely a hidden trait, but its almost impossible to confirm something like that since there is a significant amount of luck involved in getting an injury.

EDIT: It is likely there are a number of hidden traits that we don't know about, but a couple examples of traits which have been confirmed: base stealing aggressiveness, groundball/flyball ratio.

Also highly suspected, vsLefty/vsRighty performance.

Other popular suspects: injury proness, monthly performance weightings, bunting ability, double play ability.

Updated Monday, May 23 2016 @ 8:03:09 am PDT
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Dave Krieg is definitely an injury magnet. I don't get it. Yeah, he's a catcher, but he misses so many games and his production is starting to slow down
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm sorry that this argument doesn't raise interest.
Anyway, an update about "Hurtado's chronicles". He's getting better performance wise, but he's got injured again (fatigue this time).
It's mind blowing.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
The guy's played 85 out of your 95 league games... I wouldn't exactly call the guy injury prone. Guys get hurt. The injury rate in this game is far lower than in real life. Anything less would be boring.
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I too have had 3 catchers down at one time...it goes with the position I think.
However my starter was injured much more last year so I don't think he injury prone ..just the position is.
I went out and found another C with 17 arm and 17 speed for 500K.... can't hit at all, but I use him as a pitch runner and catcher as needed.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, Steve has said that there are more injuries for C in order to try and emulate real life fatigue for the position. I think it should mostly be fatigue injuries, but since they pop up randomly (not based on playing time as that would be a lot more coding), you can sometimes get unlucky and have them all fatigued at once.

Injury proness may be real, or may be an imagined pattern. Either way its fun to speculate :)
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

The guy's played 85 out of your 95 league games... I wouldn't exactly call the guy injury prone. Guys get hurt. The injury rate in this game is far lower than in real life. Anything less would be boring.

I didn't say that he had missed long time.
I said he got injured several times.
In this sense, I'm led to think that could there be an hidden trait for injury proneness.
I have hard times thinking about randomness for the same player injured 4 or 5 times in half a season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Humans are great at picking patterns out of random distributions. We do it all the time.

I'm still 50/50. The trait might exist, and it might not. Just like in real life. I think its more fun not knowing for sure and just making your own assumptions.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
FYI: Hurtado got injured again (for 2 or 3 days).

@Rock: I agree with you about arbitrary standpoints and randomness, but.. can we call this simply randomness?
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Mecca- I think there is an endurance hidden trait that makes guys miss games due to fatigue more often. Some guys are better suited to be catchers because of it. This is total conjecture on my part. There certainly may be an injury proneness hidden trait as well. The good news about it seems to be that even the most injury prone guy isn't going to be rendered useless by it.

Previous Page | Show All |