Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Odd All Star Selection   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
My DH Sam Conners certainly deserved to be an All-Star. He's having an excellent year with the bat in a decidedly pitching league. He's a switch hitting LH with an 11 arm, no range, no fielding and only a small 1b position qualification. I use him only as a DH. Incidentally he's an 11 potential.

Well he made the All Star team as a starter....at....wait for it...wait...for...it..

Catcher

Odd. That's all I can say.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It is funny. But at the same time, its actually probably his best position (after DH). 11 Arm isn't very good or a catcher, but its his only defensive asset. I probably would have put him at 1B myself, but I can kind of see where the AI is coming from.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think 1B would have been better, but it's a game that doesn't count so...
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My middle reliever started the all-star game. My ace didn't play. My #5 starter, #4 of 5 in ERA for my team, was the losing pitcher in the 11th inning. My Ace didn't play.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed several seasons ago that the game seems to heavily weigh towards everyday starters and guys with MORE games/ABs/innings. Thus both guys who platoon, and guys who have been injured are at a disadvantage in the all-star selection algorithm.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess I thought the algorithm picked players to start that either were qualified at the position or played the position during the season. I see now that's not necessarily the case.

Previous Page | Show All |