Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Kudos on user defined nicknames   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Although cosmetic, I really like this.

I haven't used nicknames much in the past because there just was not enough variation. I also like that I'm able to give nicknames that are as minimal as Coop, Bart, Russ, Whit, Campy, Dino, Gil etc. Simple mutations of given names. This is what I've used it for mostly so far.

But there are a few other nicknames that I never would have been able to do before. Like...

Sam "I Am" Conners
Kenny "Push" Pulliam
Martin "Milo" Lopez
Art "AR" Rowland (as in AR14, he's got a bullet arm)
Peter "Dock" Ellis
"Comrade" Boris Novikov
Reid "Hard Out" Hardin

Updated Thursday, June 9 2016 @ 6:58:53 pm PDT

Updated Thursday, June 9 2016 @ 7:02:57 pm PDT

Updated Thursday, June 9 2016 @ 7:05:30 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The new custom nicknames are great, but I still like some of the old ones that I've had for a while :)

"Tabasco" Saucedo
"Sunny" Jack Meadows
"Irish" Gary Byrd

Definitely happy I can now call Santiago Santa Cruz -> "Santa"... Although he still hasn't figured out how to do air deliveries :(
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Tiger504 - I too have a P called Peter Ellis. He's a few years older, but also limited to only a few innings - and I nicknamed him "Doc" from the listed options, then took it off a few days after I picked him up. I kid you not!
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@amalric - I could not resist the chance to have my own version of Major League pitcher Dock Philip Ellis. Mine was Doc until now that I could change it to Dock. :)

At one time I had my own SS Peewee Reese but unlike the real one, mine couldn't hit.

Adding to my list in my previous post, I also now have Andy "Blitz" Krieg. Too bad he likes to give up too many home runs.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My manager was "The Professor" from the available names since player development was his best trait. I now changed him to "Teach"

This might sound like a downgrade, but it's actually a Tales of Legendia reference :x (too bad his real name wasn't Will...)
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My hot 1B rookie fresh out of the Asian leagues was given the nickname "Mount" Fujita.

Also, one of my young middle infielders is now Luis "Pipes" Madrigal.

Updated Saturday, June 11 2016 @ 8:39:38 am PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wanted to name this guy "Singles" Kraft... but that's very counter to his projected build.

Previous Page | Show All |