Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Above .500 team demoting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I would say the chances are excellent that one of the teams that demote out of III.4 East will be above .500. Currently my squad sits 5th, 6 games over .500. There is little difference between 5th, 4th and 3rd. It may change daily. Even Brunsway City isn't safe if they hit hard times. It's going to be exciting, possibly frustrating and dare I say heartbreaking for somebody.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I've seen that happen before. But usually the 6th place team is much worse. Heavy dominance over the West this season. There are enough games left that Kennesaw might even be able to squeak out. I'd say the only team that is relatively safe from demotion is Sumter (but its still possible ;)).
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
All that said, I'm going to take this as it comes. If relegation, so be it. We're putting in a good effort but there's certainly opportunities that have been missed. My team had the divisions worst record against the west at 31-29. We've handled Sumter well so far going 12-4 but only 6-10 against Kennesaw.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd put your odds around 67% right now. I'd bet on you staying up, but you never know with the baseball gods... Fickle folk.

EDIT: Its ok to bet on baseball as long as I'm not currently a player, right?

Updated Sunday, June 12 2016 @ 7:03:26 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
It turned out to be Rock Hill and they went to the last game to decide. Tough break.

Any others this season?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That tight packed league is what I get to look forward to next season.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Not quite. We went 79-81 (3-7 finish and lost our last 8 home games), just five wins off 2nd place, but our tragic finish doomed us to 5th place and demotion, ONE WIN off staying up.

Our record would have been good enough for 2nd in the West division but the East has been tough all year. We had the second highest RD in the entire league but too often it was feast or famine - things like scoring 33 runs in a 3-game win streak, only to then be shut out in our next game and then suffer consecutive extra-innings losses to close out the year. And we went 14-30 in 1-run games, which is horrendous and cost us dearly.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
@dwind - I have been told by sources who should know that your team is the real deal. I suspect next season will be as rough and tumble as this one. The team coming up from IV.8 looks legit too.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. I just hope my staff can manage to hold the rpg bellow 4. I'm pretty jealous of jalapeƱo's young and quality staff. If there were trades he and I could really find a great deal.

Previous Page | Show All |