Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Horrendous pitching   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bill3789

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Team ERA: 6.41, 10th in league
Team FIP: 5.36, 11th in league
59 errors leading to 67 unearned runs with 13 games left.

I let the AI set pitching roles this season. Mistake?

Incorrect management settings?

Or do I need to blow it all up and start all over with minimum salary guys? I have no money at the moment.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you need to blow it up because you have no money. How far are those two older pitchers making higher wages going to carry you anyway? If I were at the level you are at with no money I would have low wages across the board and work at building my farm system and my bank account before I worried about winning any games.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Brent. You need to infuse your minor league system with pitching. Search thru the free agents and bookmark pitchers to place waivers on for next year
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You could have found better pitchers than what you have on free agency. Blow it up. Your minor league guys look pretty decent, don't bring them up too early, that appears to have been the problem with several of your major league guys. Look for guys with a plus pitch (15+ in a skill is fine in LL VI), with velocity, CoS, or movement being the indicators. Also check out the second post in this thread for help in reading scouting reports.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First at all, eight of your pitching guys are 30+ years old whithout any great skill set, and the rest are not that good to compete a league. Your non-pitching roster is not that good too. Your two best players are also old.

To my taste, your minor system need also an overhaul, those POT 11 or lower are just moneyeaters. You need to recruit the least POT 12, and consider your top priority take POT 14 or higher if you are lucky enough.

Your financial problem can be solve with patience. I see you are doing fine with your attendance. But you need to balance your expenses with your earnings, have more earnings than expenses.

So, what to do? Cut the only expenses you are capable of, "salary". Try to find players similar to those you have in your active roster and with lower salary and younger. Sack those players in your minors that won't make an impact, and start building your winning team.

There are two approach, the waiver approach, and the Krakonico/Steve approach.

The first one is to (when your bank account can afford) in the waiver/free agent market those players who can make an impact in the team, normaly.
The second one is to rely only in your minor system, without signing new players from other system.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Get out the dynamite. Most of your pitchers will just get worse next year, and those pot 11's and especially the pot 10's should have been gone long ago. Pena may be the only one worth even thinking about keeping. Throw out a bunch of waiver claims after the season flip on pitchers, you can easily get cheaper, younger, and likely better pitching that way.

Previous Page | Show All |