Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2027 Draft Survey   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I have 3 guys on my roster from this year. It might be 2 shortly because I'm not sold on Pacheco, a 12 pot who will be 20 next season and is still in rookie ball.

But in week 1 I got 14 pot rhp Reid Hardin and in week 10 I got 14 pot SS/CF Marco Morales. Not much in between. Those two guys leave me satisfied though and I suspect they were the guys Seca was looking for.

Updated Sunday, June 19 2016 @ 7:23:36 pm PDT
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Meh draft year for me.

Got a 23 y.o 15 pot guy in the first round, and while he was doing his best in training, I'm still not sure he'll ever reach his potential.

Other than him, kept three 12-13 pot pitchers, none of them looking too promising tbh, and one even less promising batter whom I'll probably cut soon.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Likely the best draft I've ever had. Drafted no one below a 12 POT and kept two guys I'll be counting on to eventually anchor the team.

Small keep ratio, but my minors are hard to crack for any draft pick at this point. If i had a newer team, this would have been a serious team building draft.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After the excellent draft seasons that brought me the lineup I have now, I found 2025 decent but uninspiring, and it's only been downhill from there. Last season, there was still a 14p high school righty outfielder who can both defend and hit a bit, not exciting because my system isn't exactly short on righty bats, but at least something.
This season:
First round, blame me for going international, I got Kasper Dombrowski, actually a lefty outfielder, but of the mediocre kind and grossly underdeveloped.
Finding anything decent in round 8 can probably be considered a success, and Edgar Marsh is actually a college pitcher with decent development, matching my needs almost ideally. Unfortunately, with his talent, the best he'll be good for in legends is mopping up in blowout.
I keep asking myself if I'm spoiled and overly critical of my draftees after a few good seasons, but the fact that nobody I have drafted since 2023 and not kept has been picked up by anyone else doesn't look like it.

Updated Monday, June 20 2016 @ 3:08:55 am PDT
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Under my first full year of owning okc. In my first picked I got the best rated player in rookie Phil Becker. I got some decents 12 and 13 pots players too. A- Draft because of no pitchers. it totally helps my pitching problem too as I only have 4 minor league pitchers all AAA. One of witch is the forth best player in AAA and second best pitcher in AAA
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd give my draft this year a B+. Picked up a 14 in the first round, and only 3 guys were catch and release. A couple of the guys I've kept will probably get cut down the road, and a couple more are probably bench players. Overall I can't complain too much.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
kept 4/10 players, Round 2,3,4 and 7.
1 P, 3 NP
1 14 Pot
2 13 Pot
1 12 Pot

Only the 14 Pot Pitcher in the second round is a keeper for every team, the other ones has flaws and they are at the top of the cut list, probably 1 or 2 of them won't make it to the majors.

Not a great year overall but there have been lesser good years.

In the first years as owner, i found a lot of great bats and no P, in the last 3-4 season trend has inverted, a lot of good P but no great fielders.

Hope to find a 14/15 pot bat next year, possibly a Switch hitting CF or a lefty C :D
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept four, although the 10th round guy will be me first drop in a roster crunch.

This included the best pitcher I've ever drafted (a 14 POT in the second round), 3 13 POT, 3 12 POT and 3 11 POT... all three 13 POT are currently still with the team.

I understand why we can't trade, but it is REALLY frustrating when all I keep drafting is good pitching. ISO, anyone that can hit.

Updated Tuesday, June 21 2016 @ 5:52:34 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
3/10, so I'll give it a C-, given that Steve has said 2-3 (or 3-4) is a decent return.

Drafted two much-needed 13 POT pitchers with my first two picks (only 7 of 21 minor leaguers are pitchers), and a great hitter 12 POT SS (likely 2B) with my 4th rounder.

Other than those I drafted one 12, FIVE 11s and a 9 POT. Had some really good reports not backed up by the actual numbers, so pretty average (at best) draft. One of the 11s was an Asian great hitting 3B, bench fodder, and one of my options for round 9 was a great hitter 2B who I passed on for a pitcher - who turned out to be the 9 POT.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine went well. I kept 5:
1st rd 14POT
2nd rd 12POT (looks interesting for DH or rh1B)
3rd rd 13POT (my #1 rated prospect, according to the rankings)
5th rd 16POT!!!!!!
6th rd 13POT (my #2 rated prospect)

Previous Page | Show All |