Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Managers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I went through the managers right before and on the day they released. The manager I picked up was the best I could find. Ideally I was hoping for an excellent teacher of the game.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My new manager is a beast he has 17 defense and his lowest skill is 9 player development
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow. I'm only entering my 2nd season and didn't look to switch a manager but that one does look like a great find.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I happened to be away the weekend that the new managers came available for the 2027 season, and had to make do with one of those that was left. This year I watched and waited, and waited...and waited. Then I left work one day and took a couple of hours doing stuff before I came back online...and found I'd missed the few good ones available. So, next season for me.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Squiddcatt, I think Bubba might still be revealing. That 9 will probably drop to an 8. But the good news is that the other ratings will probably still raise a point (maybe 2 points on the 17).

I really need to update this from my original projections (since they were done after only 3 seasons), but I think they are pretty close:

http://brokenbat.org/forum/0/2/3700

Updated Wednesday, July 13 2016 @ 9:41:52 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
There are still good managers, its just that only a few are added each season, so there aren't a ton like in the first year. I picked up a real beast of a manager last year. Fully revealed, I project that he is currently something like 13-11-18-18.
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Do managers get better like players do? I had to settle for a general mediocrity because of his reputation with hitters and defense. At least he wasn't known to be "bad" at anything.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Managers don't improve, but they reveal their true skills over time. So even though your manager is currently showing as average in all skills, his Hitting and Defense values are somewhere between 13-20. And he is operating at that level, you just won't be able to see his real skills until they reveal (after about 4 seasons).
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I see my manager's skills are now showing. I don't have a good feel for this. How do I determine if my manager is decent or if I should look for a new one?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My general estimate is about 4 seasons to reveal fully, and they do it at a consistent rate. So if a guy shows as 12 after one season, he is likely to have at least 18 in the skill. This could be off a little if you went far in the cup. So you want to pay attention to exactly when he turned. If it was near the end of the year, he is probably a 17 or an 18.

For your guy, without knowing when he revealed his numbers, I would guestimate
Offense: 9 (unless he dropped in the first two years)
Defense: 1
Pitching: 12 (unless he just rose in the last year)
Player Development: 14 (which is the maximum for "good teacher").

These could all be off by one.

Previous Page | Show All |