Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Biggest Disappointments   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It's been a poor start but I guess I should take some solace in the fact we're sitting at .500 as I write this (21-21). Some of my best pitchers (and longest-serving vets) just didn't have it this year, and didn't look like coming close to turning it around, so they're both gone (King and Riley).

Which is funny because they're both lefties, and yet offensively we struggled to hit LHP through the first 35 games or so (.230, at least 40 points below our usual). But my vet hitters (Parisi, Dorsey, Fuentes, Fletcher, Lawson) have started to turn it around, and we're up to .252 v LHP, plus the power and runs are returning. So there is hope.

Johnson, my closest pitching prospect, got the call after last Friday's training update, but he's been shelled every time up - he's sporting a 15.95 ERA. I wanted to try him in a few places this first week up, but he'll be heading to LR unless he really pops tomorrow.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Same old same old. Pat Booth had a strong start to the season and gave Dino fans hope that maybe this season he would pitch somewhat closer to his skillset.

But the Booth we know has re-emerged. Can't keep the ball in the park. Can't get LHB out. Can't strand base runners.

*sigh* Still early.
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/78029

ERA in 2026 2.99
ERA in 2027 3.73
ERA in 2028 5.91

I know his skill set isn't great but he needs to hold his own in this crummy rotation of mine,

Updated Friday, August 5 2016 @ 1:08:16 pm PDT
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/89974
He was an all-star, all-league, and league leader in SB last year.
This year he's playing like crap.

Updated Friday, August 5 2016 @ 1:34:24 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Dan, he has a terrible build to be honest. I think the all-star year last season had more to do with the pitchers he was going against being even worse than him actually being good.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With the way my Top 3 starters have pitched, I think it may be time to bring in the younger guys.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In development, Velez

It took forever for him, and he didn't have that huge pop I needed for him to be a regular.

In 2028, Saitou. This may well be his final season, but will be a definite hall of famer when the time comes.

Long-term, It's Morales.

Stats were why he couldn't even win the hitting job when his SI was clearly better.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got a couple of my own I suppose, but which team doesn't really?

After a fantastic all-star season, Clements has been getting knocked around a lot this year. BAA up 40 points, K's and walks going in the wrong directions (resulting in a K/BB of ~1.5 compared to ~3 last year). He's still managing more than 6 innings/start and has 4QS in 9 games, but even with better batting teams in LL IV I was hoping his performance would hold up a bit better. He also continues to pull the worst RS on my team by far (we average close to 5 runs/game, he only gets 3.33). It's still early though.

Benavidez is a disaster I've already complained about haha. His K's and walks are fine but he's giving up a .361 BAA over 9 starts. Clearly he just doesn't have the stuff to compete at LL IV. I'm pretty sure he cost me my first round cup series, coming in as a reliever and giving up 4 runs in game three, which we lost 11-7 :(. I picked up Mason on waivers the other day and he looks as though he can at least be a steady option for a season or two while I wait for some of my prospects to move up.

Bats have started to slowly turn around, but there were a bunch of deadweights to start the year. Drake is coming off an MVP performance last season, but is only managing a .231/.273/.323 slash against LL IV pitching. Bermudez also really fell off, hitting .190/.277/.333 in 15 games before I let him go. I'm still looking for a DH who can actually produce, Acuna hasn't been the solution even though he looks good on paper (.210/.248/.380). And Bradley, although he's never been great with the bat, has continued his slow decline (.216/.326/.333). However, he's the only defensively solid SS I've got, so I'll take his walks at the bottom of the order I guess.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cunningham is hitting .186 now, LOL.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Antonio Frias has just not been able to get it together. The power and ability to drive in players has not gone away, but his ability to get on base has just been awful this year. He better pick it up, because he will have a replacement on his tail pretty quickly. .214 BA/.288 OBP is just not getting it done.

Besides cutting Francisco Becerra far earlier than expected, Federico Gonzales has absolutely laid an egg this year. 3-3 with a 6.30 ERA. I hope he is able to cut it to below 4 by the season's end.

Previous Page | Show All |