Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Am I going down?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Feel free to forecast, but I would need to understand what's wrong, have been sliding a bit and now risk being relegated immediately from fifth, which was not in the plans...
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If I were you id replace your catcher. He doesnt have the feilding or arm strength to be playing that position and his slash line doenst at all make up for it. I really like your pitching staff it looks like they are just underachieving.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Catchers don't need fielding, however, Noodle is correct that Collins should not be your primary catcher, as there is no way he will keep a better CS percentage long term over Davenport. If you really can't stand Davenport's offense, then I'd move Orozco into the catcher position ahead of Collins, that 12 arm WILL bite you at some point, even if he has ridiculous numbers through 50 games this season.

Bigger picture, this off-season I'd start my cuts with players 32 and older since they are only going to decline and you should be building for the future. It's fine to have a couple players 32 and over, but they suck time away from your young players you should be developing if you are looking to make it to the upper league levels. I haven't seen a single team that promoted up the ladder with an older team, it is often developing superstars or a developing core of players that fuels the rapid rise of teams. That was true of my rise, Rock's, Dcrulz's, and I'm sure many others. Although the top teams may be older now, you really don't want to start off that way because it is much more difficult to sustain success with old players than young ones.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Simple truth is, you're in a tough division. You're up against good teams with good GMs - and I might include myself in that, because I'm one of them. :)

Like I said in the V7 thread, Hampton are probably the best team in the entire league. Benchwarmer's Bowie are always a tough proposition. I'm in 2nd place but I've gone 9-9 against you including our Cup series, so there's been nothing between us (I outscored you 45-15 somehow, in our last series, but you took 3 of our first 4 games this season and scored 25 runs in doing so). We play a three game series tomorrow night at my park, where you're 6-3.

Other people can advise you on your roster (I'm not going to be that helpful, LOL; though I'd cut Burton because he doesn't live up to his report - I know, because I've cut him twice!) but you have a good squad right down to your minors. You're in a tough spot at this moment but I really don't see you going down, you've got a much better team than Bowling Green or Des Moines.
jackozar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks to everybody. At the moment there aren't young players I am blocking by playing some older dudes, which btw I just signed when I started to panic. It woul really be an upset cause I feel like I should be on top of the bottom two. We see how it plays out...

Previous Page | Show All |