Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Minors or majors for the last week?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a guy who is recommended for AAA still, but his SI is 103. He's a 14 potential, though, so the most he can gain is only 16 before hitting his ultimate maximum. I played him in the majors during the last shortened week because I thought that might be worth it. However, he missed a couple games due to injury and only got 43 player appearances.
Finally the question--which do you think would be better for him? Put him in the minors for the training update or keep him in the majors to get that experience?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I always err towards the minor league experience. I've had too many guys fall flat due to having too little time in AAA.

That being said, how much time does he have in AAA? If he already has at least a year, I might just leave him in the majors. 40+ PA is a significant enough amount to benefit from.
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a question as well. If I promote a minor to major, and let him play for a week. Do I have to let him stay in major in order to receive that experience. Thus impossible to play the major league games and minor league at the same time? If anyone understood my questionšŸ˜¬
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Where you have your guy at the training update on Friday morning is how he makes his gains. For example, the guy I mentioned above will get major league experience/gains if I leave him there. If I put him back at AAA, it will be as if he was there all week. Rightfully so, there's no double dipping.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock He has 430ish ABs in AAA.

Personally I would send him back to AAA.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh... PĆ©rez is only 23. He has already been in the AAA since 2027. I would leave him up. You can always send him back down for the start of next season to get more minors seasoning if he needs it. No need to was the ABs he got this week.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd send him back down. "Overmatched at this level of competition" freaks me out, even for one week in the bigs.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
With a year of AAA training already under his belt, and another year to still monitor his progress, I don't see a benefit of sending him down. He probably only needs a few more updates at most. And remember a lot of guys can max out SI even without maxing out their training.

Previous Page | Show All |