Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Season 2028 Review   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
How'd ya do?
Good season for us, i clinched the division with 103 wins, after 2 years ended in 2nd place that's all i was asking for, only little vent is that i got crushed 4-1 in the playoffs.

How about waivers?

I put some waiver claims on player with 30+ claims, so it didn't go well but i doesn't matter, my roster is set so i needed only cherries on the cake

And the draft?
Not bad overall, kept 4 players, but every single one has flaws
Arellano will be a backup 3B, he gains SI but no hitting report
Lozano will be in the bullpen, is old and behind in development, but he also seems to gain good amount of SI, he should reach his cap
Hough will replace Sweeney as C versus RHP, good build but he doesn't gain a lot of SI, his "good" potential worries me a bit
Galvan: on paper he's my best bat drafted in last 3 years, projected CF/RF, but he doesn't seems to gain SI, only 2 last year in 7 updates. I hope he'll recover because can be an huge disappointment (he also doesn't steal despite his 19 speed)

Anything else?

Shields won rookie P of the year, let's see how he'll do in the rotation and in a higher league, Curley unexpectedly won CY young despite missing about 50 days, and Ontivaros won his 4th straight Gold glove at 2B. Man, this guy can't hit but with the glove is another story, sometimes seems like NL versus AL, but i'm willing to accept an hole in the lineup.

Updated Saturday, September 17 2016 @ 1:50:14 am PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
How'd ya do?

A solid third. No fear of going back to IV but no hope of moving up to II. Consistent pitching was an issue and we definitely had trouble in interleague play. However I'm not sure we are that far off of where we need to be. Few post season awards, plenty of all stars. I don't know that I should be disappointed, I have been saying this a tough league.

How about waivers?

We won several but getting Roger Michael will have long lasting impact. Also, Randall Temple was very useful as a 1B against LHP. The rest are mostly gone and did not pan out.

And the draft?

A pretty good draft. We picked up a 15 pot pitcher the first week from college so he will be up in maybe 3 more seasons. In the second week we got a 14 pot ML ready pitcher from the Asian pool who saw a lot of action, mostly starting. Third week another Asian league pick, 12 pot. Not sure he will pan out. Depends on how he finishes developing.

Anything else?

I made changes to my stadium that helped my offense and defense but not necessarily pitching.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Glad Temple is working out for you. I was a little surprised at how little interest he drew back when I cut him.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How did I do?

I finished in first place in my second season. Lost to Conroe 4-1 in playoffs.

Waivers?

Picked up"Boom Boom" Ahn and he made the all -star team.
Picked up "Maverick" McQueen and Andres "Slick" Velasquez and they helped strengthen my rotation.

Draft?

"Hollywood" Herb Pepper looks to have a promising future. Peter Buchanan is promising also. Kept 5 of 7 picks.

What else?

"Cool" Al Conners had a good year earning 4 MVP votes.
"Legs" Parodi lead the league in steals.
"The Cannon" Weeks had another solid season.

Updated Saturday, September 17 2016 @ 10:01:32 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How did I do?

I didn't really achieve my pre-season aim of having my team ready to compete in 2029, but I did manage to stay up, so I give the season a C+.

Waivers?

I won a rental in Williamson, but no long term keepers as all three 25 year old pitchers could not get outs and were cut in the first half of the season. Didn't win any claims after May.

Draft?

Bad. I got deeper at positions I was already deep at, and am still missing positions for the future. Not as bad as 2027 when I ended up with only one marginal keeper from the entire season though.

What else?

Not much to say here, I think the East will get harder this season, and I will need to give my young guys more playing time, so I would be happy just avoiding demotion this season. My minors will be very bare after the crop that will be promoted to the majors this season comes up, as the lower minors looks more like a starting to re-build LL VI club than a LL II one. The long term future is bleak in Raleigh.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Temple is very solid player Rock! He had some amazing power for me. As a seasoned, but not geriatric pick up, I can see him being a critical role player for a few seasons.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How'd ya do?

Season went as expected, slow start first 30-40 games, woke up during the middle of the season, ended on a hot streak. Wasn't sure if we could repeat as division champs, but we did. Also wasn't sure if we'd win the championship, but we did.

How about waivers?

I mainly focused on young guys, didn't win anything.

And the draft?

Pretty decent I would say, kept 5 players but 2 of them will eventually be dropped. Got a future 15 POT SS, a future starter and a future closer.

Anything else?

I'm coming for those stinkin Dinos, I think they were the only team to beat me continuously this past season.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
How'd ya do?

Mixed. Had a poor start and made the halfway point at just 41-39, but played much better in the second half, 47-33. Wasn't quite enough though: fell just two games short of the East pennant in 2nd place.

How about waivers?

Bumper year! Some minor ones but take your pick from:-

22 claim Barrera - wasn't great
7 claim Bass - big SI gain, rotation piece for this season
22 claim Valenzuela, big bat will get PT somewhere
15 claim Wood - my #2 pitcher, maybe #1 now
12 claim Moran - actually signed as a FA then cut, only to claim him back a few days later! Might make a CF one day, if he lasts
13 claim Vallejo - planned on making him my 2B but he lost 1pt in Range in update #9, will see
27 claim Mancini - valuable bullpen arm
11 claim Minoso - great stuff, poor control, was my #3 pitcher down the stretch
26 claim Lopez - slow developer, if he picks up will be my starting SS
75 claim McGinnis - my biggest claim win, but not that great a pitcher, might never be

And the draft?

Dynamite.
Round 1 - 15 POT SP
Round 2 - 14 POT SP
Round 3 - 14 POT SP
Round 6 - 13 POT SP
Round 8 - 14 POT SS/OF

Anything else?

Ortiz was league MVP, All-Star, All-League, a terrific season and just turned 27. Silva won the Cy Young, but may be cut as he's now 34. Ageless wonder/late bloomer Fuentes was 3rd in MVP voting and was All-League. Lawson was All-League, All-Star. Dorsey won his first Gold Glove at age 30, and was an All-Star. Had five more All-Stars in addition to those listed.

Oh, and just signed the 2nd-best profile manager available in the new batch, Martinez.
Andreimun

York Frogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
How'd ya do?

Not too bad. This is my 4th season in charge and I managed to get my team from rank 636 to 275 in that interval. This was also my second season in V, last year I narrowly escaped going down and made a loss of about $4M in doing so. This time around, I made a profit of about $3M and spent about $5M less on major league salaries and finished 4th comfortably.

How about waivers?

Not great. Got this overpriced 2B (http://brokenbat.org/player/82714), but I really needed him. He finished with 110+ RBI's so, I'm happy.

And the draft?

Got 3 13's and 2 14's, including a 14 in Round 9. Only problem is that only one of these guys is a pitcher, and I'm suffering terribly when it comes to pitching. Nothing in the pipeline either.

Anything else?

Won Rookie of the Year with http://brokenbat.org/player/121455, while playing him as a SS, out of position. Also, since I was not in danger of relegating, I managed to get my rookies a LOT of playing time in the second half of the season. Bill Davenport is already a beast (relative to my other pitchers, anyway) and probably my #1 starter next season. 2 other guys still need to eat some innings before they develop properly.

Updated Saturday, September 17 2016 @ 1:43:36 pm PDT
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How'd ya do?

Bit of a disappointing season in Elyria. Strong interdivisional play led to another poor showing against out East division rivals and we were relegated back to LL V.

How about waivers?

I ended up using waivers to fill in my AAA minors with some projects, since most of my prospects remain in A or AA. Didn't land any big fish. Closest I got was Polanco, who ended up being a serviceable LHB at 1B and LF.Bravo could end up as an excellent LF, while Ibanez, though very far behind on development, could make a nice CF or RF.

And the draft?

This was by far the weakest draft in my five full seasons playing BB. Kept Stevens, a 12 POT reliever who may lack control a bit, but will likely be a good SU or CL. Also kept Gibbs, an all-bat 1B who is just missing a power report. He should top out with good BC and PD, so I'll hold onto him for now.

Anything else?

Mentioned it in another thread but I was really confused at having the 2nd best interleague record in my League, but getting destroyed by divisional rivals. Not sure how it happened, but I think the bats in my division were too much to handle. Also realized that my defense is not rangey enough to play in a gigantic ballpark, so we've brought it down to a much more manageable size for next season.

Previous Page | Show All |