Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> New Manager - which is better?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey everyone. Looking at the new managers and I hired one of the two managers listed below. But it was a hard choice. Which one looks better?

#1 "He is good at managing hitters. He is below average at coaching defense. He is above average at handling pitchers. He is excellent at teaching the game."

or

#2 "He is above average at managing hitters. He is above average at coaching defense. He is above average at handling pitchers. He is a good teacher of the game."

I went with #2 since he had no negatives and all positives. What do you think? Do you think I made the right choice? How much can below average in coaching defense hurt you from a manager?

Thanks
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd go with the one without negatives as well. That said, in my opinion, having an "excellent at teaching the game" is the top priority, because it will maximize the skill growth of your young players.

Updated Saturday, September 17 2016 @ 12:24:00 pm PDT
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, Good point. I just got a another manager that while only having 3 positive traits - did have "excellent in teaching the game" - and no negatives listed.

May continue to make changes as I think about it :-)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
My opinion - no negatives is crucial. Mine has no report for offense but is top rated for everything else.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
My first manager was above average/below average/above average/excellent. I won my division in my rookie season, but looked for an upgrade.

My manager the last two seasons was above average/good/no pitching report/good, which was technically better. Results weren't great but not bad either, and I didn't notice any difference in training - whether that was because I had better youngsters or because there was little difference between the excellent and the good teaching I don't know.

In any case, after missing out on the last batch of new managers because they came online while I was driving home from work (I kid you not), I was able to get one of the top ones from today's long list. Martinez is above average/good/above average/excellent, which is hard to top. Here's hoping he lives up to it.
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
How often do new managers appear?
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
In the offseason. Watch the Events page.

Updated Wednesday, November 2 2016 @ 9:01:23 pm PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
There's no set number on new managers either. Prior to the 2028 season I think there were only 40 new managers made available, while this past off-season there were something like 160 additional new managers.

The last manager in the list is here, ID# 2680. The next batch, next offseason will start at #2681, so if you know how to use your web address bar you can start searching from there.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
See the last post here for what the different reports mean in terms of actual number ranges.

Previous Page | Show All |