Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pitcher Builds   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
What pitcher build have people found to be the most effective in this game?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Great control and a couple strong tools (Velocity, Movement, or CoS).
Garnet

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock/ or anybody else of course,... do you have any experience with a knuckle-ball pitcher?
I have a guy with 14 control but not much else by way of tools 7Velocity, 13/9) , but hasn't pitched too badly in his outings --and his primary pitch is the knuckle-ball.
His outings are a small sample size as well....

http://brokenbat.org/player/115540
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitches are just cosmetic right now (unless that has been changed and I didn't know about it). They have no effect on gameplay.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve has told us that the pitches aren't calculated into the game engine at all right now. So they are mostly just for fun. Some people have noticed that they can give a hint about a player's potential CoS, but I they don't affect how the game plays out.

Dolan isn't really doing spectacular. His H/IP isn't real great. And his FIP and WHIP aren't great either. I think his Control and CoS are sufficient to keep up his middling performance. I think 2027 was an anomaly.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
-Wrong Thread, ignore this post-

Updated Tuesday, September 20 2016 @ 4:40:04 pm PDT
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I should've been more detailed... obviously control is important no matter want. I guess I'm more curious to see if people are having more success with a high velocity/low movement guy, High Movement/low Velocity, High Vel/Low Movement/High CoS, etc.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a couple of solid players with unique builds. one with high CoS/Mov and low velo (11/18/17/12), one with amazing tools except control (18/15/17/7)

But time will tell if it translates to on field success.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen guys with several different builds see success, and guys with the same build end up stinking. The skills will only get a player so far, just like in real life sometimes guys with lots of promise just never end up putting it together. But to directly answer the question, I haven't had too many guys with two high pitching skills besides control, but I have seen guys with both high velocity and high CoS see success. I've seen less success from my high movement guys, but I haven't given up on that build yet since I know others have had great movement pitchers.

Previous Page | Show All |