Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Your best 'terrible player'   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wanted to share one of my favorite players with you: Carlos Guzmán

This is one of my pitchers. Terrible velocity, CoS and Movement, but great control and stamina, plus terrific range and fielding...

He was one of my first free agent signings. He had numbers at the time that just didn't correlate with his skill ratings. He's continued to ride terrific control and good stamina ratings through 3 seasons with me.

He's averaged 185 IP per season for us, with a high of 247 innings in 2027. He has a career 3.81 ERA / 3.93 FIP. 2-time All-Star.

Unfortunately, his salary is now $3.35M.

He's the only 10-POT player on my team.

He's now getting hit a bit harder now that I've been bumped to LLV. He'll be on a short leash to see if he can stand up at this level, or whether his $3.35M can be best used elsewhere.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't have anyone like that at the moment, but my former 9-pot player Craig Yuan has managed to have a rather long and somewhat prolific career. His debut season was especially impressive.

And look at his win-loss record; not every 14 pot can boast something like this. :)

Updated Friday, October 14 2016 @ 6:19:19 am PDT
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
This is about the closest qualifier I have, Solis. I only brought him up today so I could have the minimum number of hitters on the majors roster. He doesn't have much to shout about as a slow developing 25-yo with 12 POT/81 SI.

But all he does is hit (.296 over 922 minor league games) and steal bases (295, with only 78 CS). I do have a couple of guys that can fly already, although changing my manager from good to one with above average offence seems to have cut down my base stealing numbers - but I brought him in for the development, which has worked a charm (37+ SI each update this season).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've had a few like that. But a lot more horrible 'great players'.

Small sample size so far, but I am interested in seeing how Taye Russell turns out. He seems to be performing like a great 'terrible player', but with room for growth.
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock - If it's any consolation, Izquierdo probably disappointed his mother as well.

I'm surprised you keep him at 3B with only 11 fielding. Gotta hope the bat appears soon.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't expect the batting to improve at this point. I just don't have anyone else who can play 3B right now. I've had a lot of disappointments at that position. This year his glove has been really bad, but in previous years he has actually fielded the position exceptionally well.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in the same boat, Rock.

Previous Page | Show All |