Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> One run games   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think owners and their teams have improved immensely since I joined a decade ago. As someone else said in another thread recently, parity has arrived. For example, of the 13 league series I've had this season, 12 of them have hinged on a one run game somewhere in the series, meaning that if the one run game went the other way, the winner of the series would have been different. 12 out of 13! That's a good thing.

The bad thing is the outcomes are often determined by poor in game management by the AI or goofy plays. Bad base running, weird/unrealistic defensive decisions/plays, poor player substitutions/times, etc. All this makes for unrewarding wins and losses. In real life, close games are extremely rewarding or painful, but for the right reasons.

I know it's extremely difficult to try to make managers and settings better here. Unfortunately, I think they're limiting the game. I suppose I could never watch the games or look at the summaries or box scores. If you only look at the forest and not the broken bat trees, it's a spectacular site (pun intended).

Hoping the small, meaningful things will be addressed as time progresses. They would take the game to the next level.

Previous Page | Show All |