Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> How Do I Improve My Draft Skills?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I created this for people that are struggling with drafting players. By the way, I don't need help... yet.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Draft is pure luck... and the second most importance of it is to pray to the RGN God every week before pushing the button.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The important thing to do is to look at the players age, handedness, ratings and overall potential. Overall potential is probably the most important as it gives a general idea how good the guy will be. But a "Good" player could end up being better than a "Very Good" player. That is why you should consider their whole scouting report. If a guy is "Very Good" but "will never be a decent hitter", then I'm going to draft a "Good" player instead. Consider handedness as well with the ratings. Does the guy have awesome defensive ratings, but throws lefty? In that case he might not have a very good build.

Lastly make sure to consider his age compared to your team's needs. Old guys are more of a gamble but can make an impact sooner if they develop well. College players tend to be fairly well developed, but International players are more of a gamble. A 16 or 17 year old player will generally have enough time to develop regardless of low starting SI. Also, for young players, position doesn't mean much as you will retrain them where you want them. If you are drafting a 23 or 24 year old you may want to correlate their ratings with the position they are listed at. A 24 year old SS who is terrible in the field, may be hard to retrain and you won't know if he has secondary positions until you draft him.

Updated Sunday, October 23 2016 @ 4:16:08 pm PDT
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The only thing I would add is to make sure and draft every round.

True, it's a crap shoot, but there are a few things you can do to increase the chance of a good player - #1 being to participate! There's no penalty and there are still very good players picked in late rounds - not a lot of them but if you don't draft, you have zero chance of getting them.

When I picked up the Frogs, the previous owners had only make 3-4 draft picks in two seasons and boy, did it show in the minor leagues.

AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1. pray to the RNG gods

2. look at potential

3. look at age

4. look at scouting report

5. ??????

6. Profit!
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Find any good qualities. The more, the better. After that, it's 50/50 if it is a good player or trash (of course they could still be a good player).

Previous Page | Show All |