Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Popping Potential   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with lostraven. Its really great to see this happen on rare occasions.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
All-Star, All-League, Gold Glove, MVP CF.

I'd say Hasegawa's turned out well.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Have to come back to this, again!

Martinez popped to 13 POT either last week or the week before.

King popped to 14 POT today.

An instance here or there is one thing, but this is FOUR now on my team in the last couple of seasons, getting to be a habit. I'm not sure what to attribute that to, perhaps just blind luck.

Oh, and Segura saw only his second SI gain in four seasons today, at age 29. Fun times.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Neat. Appreciate the update.

And appreciate the bump. Steve's posts in this thread shed some interesting light on the recent stunt discussion we had in Help.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've actually had quite a few pitchers pop to POT 13 by going up to 104. Beating the POT by 1 or 2 isn't so rare. But beating the POT by as much as your other guy is super rare.

Updated Friday, June 9 2017 @ 3:09:17 pm PDT
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
King gained 2 more SI today, his first since my last update three weeks ago. Popped to 14 POT then, now up to 114 SI.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Back once again!

J.R. Fry was a lucky 39-claim win for me back in 2031, one of those head-scratching cuts that you have to jump on when you get the opportunity. Shows that a low starting SI means nothing if the player makes rapid gains. I did worry he might cap low after gaining 23 SI his rookie season in the bigs but far from it. All those gains today popped him to 14 POT, latest in a line for Albany.

I do wonder if having a 20 Development manager has helped.
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
 With the ’Gulls being a team where everyone on the team starts out as an 11 POT, it’s really easy to keep track of when this happens for me. So far it’s happened five times (plus two more over at DFB, but let’s leave them out of this for now). Two of them hit 96 SI and seem to be happy with that, and two others went three points into 12 POT’s range by reaching 98 SI. …And then there’s Shōma Watanabe. Take a second to look at him real quick. Yes, I swear I picked him up as an 11 POT player. Yes, he is at 100 SI. That’s a full five points over 11 POT maximum. If anyone else has a more extreme POT outlier than that, I wanna see ’im.

Okay, sure, I know, these are 11 POT guys who popped to 12 POT. It’s not like these are the make-or-break guys who are going to get you to Legends. Still though, if low POT guys can exceed POT projections by three to five points, just think about the possibility of a 13 POT guy hitting a growth spurt that puts him halfway into 14 POT territory…

Updated Friday, June 8 2018 @ 3:25:03 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Seeing more of these guys. Collier blew his 13 pot away last season. This season Schuler made it to 15.

I remember being disappointed in Schuler as a 1st round draft pick. "Only" good hitting, no power scouting. Bit of a square peg defensively - overbuilt for 1B, not an ideal OF. Didn't steal. But he's performed at every level, and was great last season (both of them). Seems to be the future of the franchise.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
On the flip side, I've had plenty of guys fail to reach their POT by 3-5 points :( LOL, Unfortunately it happens both ways.

"Irish" Gary Byrd is a good example. Promoted by recommendation to the majors. Missed the lower bound of POT 14 by 5 points. Was still a decent POT 13, but fell far short of his promise.

Updated Tuesday, June 12 2018 @ 3:23:01 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |