Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Chronic Overachievers Anonymous   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 You know the sort. The players with mediocre stats when you look at their page, and then you scroll down and see the impressive sets of numbers they’ve been accruing over the past few seasons. The guys who say, “I renounce these representative statistic of my abilities and substitute my own!” Whether it’s a guy with 12 speed leading a team in steals or a third baseman with 11 range and an arm of 8 reeling off three straight Gold Glove years, these are the ones who consistently play above what their stats say they should.

Exhibit A: Xavier Deliz. Look at his stats. Go on, have yourself a good laugh. Then peek down at what he’s done the past few seasons. If you’re feeling adventurous, check out how he did last season compared to the rest of the team’s pitching staff. Maybe this is just because I’m still pretty new to the game, but it’s really hard to cut a pitcher with a 12-2 record, especially when he led the team in strikeouts and BAA versus right-handed batters and had a better than 2:1 K-to-BB ratio.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a few guys like the one you linked - Tamayo and his 21 win 10 complete games season would be one example, but when you move out of league 6, they become redundant :(

Now the only guy that is performing over his stats, year after year, is Anderson, who just became the best closer in franchise history. With 87mph fastball.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I know plenty of these guys - they're all on opposing teams though, and I wonder just how the hell my great hitters can't touch 'em.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha!

We probably all have different thresholds, but I consider Dawson one of these guys. Ya, he's 13, but he's more than held his own in the top leagues. Never been worried about putting him up against a tough 14 or 15 opposing starter.

I'm hoping Barker is one of these guys. Showing some signs. Have had a number of busts in RHP prospects.

Updated Monday, December 5 2016 @ 7:46:36 am PST

Previous Page | Show All |