Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2030 Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
No, I think you are right. The terms Training and Experience were devised by the community. They are probably different that what Steve has in the code (and in his brain).
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
wish Lloyd was ready for the majors, i need a guy who can get on base for the top of my lineup
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just keep a watch on the recommendations. He'll probably be recommended some time this year.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock: Steve does differentiate between the two. At least in the manual, anyway.

Training: is primarily gained in the minor leagues and is especially effective for younger players. Even in the majors, the some training is gained. Players will get training in all categories, but a team can select a primary and second training focus for its players. These categories will receive additional training during the training cycle.

Note: training occurs weekly on Friday morning (Pacific Time).

Experience: is gained while playing in the majors and to a limited extent in the minor leagues (ie. Playing in spring training games). There are several ways in which experience is gained: with each at bat for hitters, with each batter faced for pitchers and with each inning played in the field for positional defense purposes.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool. Steve must have added that to the manual recently. That was all speculation before, so its nice to see it confirmed in the manual.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure what you define as recently... it was there when I joined. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm surprised it was in there for that long. I still remember when we were batting it around in the forums as a theory.
Bill3789

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats to Cesar Saenz of Clearwater for the complete game no-hitter against us yesterday. Just one error short of a perfect game.
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With disappointing pitching and only two batters putting up respectable numbers, it's no surprise we've posted a winning percentage below .300 during spring training. Good thing ST record doesn't mean anything. Hopefully my young guys got lots of good experience.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@quanin, Rock and I probably last referred to the manual for direction well over a year ago, we mostly refer others to it now since I have the old version of it practically memorized (as I'm sure Rock does too). If you dig far enough back in the forums (2014 or maybe early 2015), there were discussions between several of the long term members speculating the existence of training and experience separately. The community has gradually pried more info on how the game works out of Steve piece by piece over the years.

Previous Page | Show All |