Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2030: Draft #2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mig and Rock, remember his screen name is Crazy Li. I just chalk that up to the name. :)

@g10rsh, congrats! I remember how excited I was about pulling Guzman, and then I pulled Poole the next week. May you have the same luck jdar and I did.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats on Pfeffer. I can't wait until I pull my first POT 15. The anticipation has been building for a long time now ;)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Happy enough with a back of the rotation 13 pot SP - Gates.

Into my 10th season now and have never pulled a 15 pot either, and only 7 14 pots in that time. Never mind, it took the Cubs 108 years, my curse will lift eventually!
gosupepper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i managed to get a switching hitting OF with great hitting/profilic slugging
iladel90

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/144797

My first 15 potential draft pick. Hope he turns out to be a stud down the line.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Solid 13 POT pitcher. Immediate plug-and-play reliever, possible future starter. Asian Leagues signee.

Updated Friday, December 16 2016 @ 8:44:47 pm PST
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I got another starter this past draft. Damon Moore looks to be a solid front line pitcher with his low defensive skills.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok so I'll admit I didn't actually LOOK at my draft history before I complained about last year. You have to realize that I got nothing good after like round 3 or 4... so if my memory wasn't good (I honestly forgot there was a 15POT near the beginning to salvage the thing), it would have seemed terrible. The year prior was legit bad though.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rats. It looks like I took the wrong guy last week. Who would you rather have?
http://brokenbat.org/player/144598
http://brokenbat.org/player/144502
When in doubt, I always take the stated better overall potential guy. In this case they both ended up being 13s. Simmons, though, I think is the better guy to have simply because he's 13 SI ahead of Clements. He will likely reach his potential a year or two before my guy. I suppose it might come down to how he hits righties compared to my switch hitter.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ignoring position (since I have an inflated sense of worth for 3B), I think Clements is better.

Switch hitter ++
Better hit rating ++
Better Power rating +
Very good overall potential +

Current Development --

The pluses win.

I actually have a theory that Overall Potential is more valuable that most people think. Actual ratings are obscured a bit with mis-scouting. A Very Good POT 13 is probably more likely to be underrated, while a Good POT 13 is probably more likely to be overrated by the scouts.

Clements does have a lot of developing to do, but he has the potential to be an incredible player. Simmons has less upside.

Previous Page | Show All |