Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2031 manager changes...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just had amalric7 mail me about the manager I pulled today. Got super lucky. My understanding is the manager pops are at random times throughout the day. (amalric7 was asking when I checked the managers list.) I usually check in the mornings, Central U.S. time, but I occasionally will poke my nose in during the afternoon. Was pleasantly surprised to nab Youngblood around 3:15 Central this afternoon.

I suppose when you say "database" you're suggesting a tool that alerts you when new managers are spawned? I know nothing about such tools, let alone if that's even possible.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I was picturing something player-run like the old BBSN GDoc spreadsheet. I don't think it's something Steve/The Game should be doing.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I was busy most of yesterday otherwise I'd have signed Youngblood, so lostraven was the beneficiary. My manager has been good until this season (though slow to reveal), and I doubt I can really pin the blame on him for our struggles, but I've regularly checked the managers list since I got here - there's always room for improvement (and we're not short of room anywhere this year).

I check the new managers most days and have a spreadsheet with all their ID numbers, so its pretty easy for me to check for new ones. And actually I've checked that often I can recognise the ones who have newly revealed by name - there's my nerd/sad case reveal. :)
6th Man

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I happened to check all the managers just after the daily update the other day and picked up my current manager. He's good, but I wish he had a pitching comment instead of fielding. I don't know if I just got lucky or if there are more released at midnight. Anyone know?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You just got lucky.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
New managers have the player DEV coments and changes. Old managers like mine in his 5th year are outdated.
??IF i'am correct they saying every day a new pool of managers to choose from instead of the 1 time a year during off season??
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No, there is a new pool of managers for this season, and there are one or two revealed nearly every day but sometimes just once every few days. Could be a new pool added next season...
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I literally check for managers almost every day and this is the one time I don't...I'm a little pissed, honestly. It's not fair owners have to check on a daily basis to see if there's a good manager available. I preferred the first-come, first-serve - at least everyone knew in advance when to go look for a manager. It's also unrealistic for new MLB managers to just randomly show up by chance throughout the season

Updated Friday, April 14 2017 @ 5:51:46 pm PDT
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A quick html scraping with a reasonable search parameter is handy. Python and beautiful soup are your friends...
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure what that is or how that'll help people be able to know when managers are released

Previous Page | Show All |