Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> MythBusters--Race To Draft   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock asks a great question. I see no way to tell who was picked at what time...only the round. I would love to know how to figure this out.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did it by player ID number. It obviously won't be exact, but it will be close. I'm sure a few people let their choices sit there for an extended period. The risk of losing those options/players is too great, though, so I doubt there are very many. The fact that it went down throughout the entire round shows it's pretty accurate.

While I say it went down throughout the entire round, there were obviously hills as well as valleys. Players 475-484 were fantastic, one of the best stretches of the round. They went 14, 15, 14, 15, 13, 12, 12, 13, 14, 15.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahhh..where there's a will there's a way..lol
Great work Mike!!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is smart. I hadn't even considered that IDs aren't created until after players are drafted. I had assumed they already existed, but now I seem to remember Steve saying something about them having a different set of IDs because they aren't fully created until they are drafted. SI and POT don't actually exist until the player is drafted.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent work mike!!
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ah, that's right... they don't generate properly until drafted, do they? This is why all undrafted players simply get deleted at the end instead of going to free agency (that and there would be mostly crap left most years)
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I knew where Mike was coming from.

If you really want to torture yourself, go back over your previous draft picks and search the following prospects sequentially to see what came immediately after.

"Let's see what you could have won..."

:)
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ROUND 2

I expected the drop-off to decelerate, so I was somewhat shocked by the results. I'll list them by quartile (125 picks) again.

Average overall potential: 12.7, 12.5, 12.5, 12.4.
Percentage VG overall potential: 43, 39, 34, 33.
Percentage Good overall potential: 50, 58, 58, 50.

At first glance, it appears as if it has steadily digressed throughout the draft so far. However, looking back at the end of the first round, the last quartile went 12.5, 42, 44. The entire second round went 12.5, 37, 54.

Summarizing, round two had a small decline from early to late. The surprise, though, is that the entirety of round two did as well as the last fourth of round one.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Very interesting. I appreciate your effort.

I'm not that surprised a drop hasn't been seen yet. Think this is a reflection of pool strategy and size. My guess is there will be a *clunk* somewhere towards the end of round 3 - start of round 4.

Breaking each round into quarters may provide a second insight. If we assume:
- managers draft around the same time each week.
- those who draft earlier are the keeners / try hards and have more "skill"
then a season length view of the quarters may give an idea of the effect of skill on the draft.

(I think the first assumption is pretty solid, but the second is sketchy).
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
We've drafted two 12s and an 11 POT, all have been C&R'd. We're in full 'clunk' mode this draft season, but we were overdue.

Previous Page | Show All |