Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Old Managers Worthless?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a pretty good manager (Except for handling pitchers), but I'm not sure if its worth dumping him for an only above average new manager. Will the older managers be totally worthless or is it better to hold onto a really good one instead of picking up an ok new one?
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As I understand it, the old managers get 'average' for the two new skills - fielding development and pitching development. So an old school "Excellent" youth trainer is still "Excellent" at teaching hitting but is "Average" at teaching fielding and pitching.

Hitting development seems to still be the preferred skill so "Excellent" at hitting is still valuable but if you really want to develop pitchers more qickly, then finding one with "Good" + in pitching is probably necessary.

The point of the change was to add some additional trade off considerations.

Updated Saturday, March 4 2017 @ 2:59:36 am PST
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm keeping my old manager, unless I find an upgrade. I doubt I will find one.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. I've been watching for a new manager. Right now demand >>> supply. Going to be hard to improve for most.

Even if you find a good-good, I'm not sure that's an improvement over a current excellent. Is 14-14 better than 18-10? Not convinced.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't think they'll be worthless, they just won't be great at developing fielders and pitchers.

I actually picked up one of the new managers, but 10 seconds later I fired him. I like my current manager a little too much to fire him.

Updated Saturday, March 4 2017 @ 3:02:42 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My manager is 13 O, 16 D, 12 P, 18 dev... there's not a single new manager that could give me a net gain over that.

While I would love to have better than 10 for fielding or pitching dev (especially fielding since I have too many middle infielder candidates that aren't getting better than 10 fielding by the time they're ready for call-ups despite being solid or better scouted)... it's not worth getting "above average" in one of these categories only to have a poor in something else.

Even the few I saw with "Excellent" in one of the devs was still bad in another of them and/or was bad in one of the "handling" categories.

The only thing I can see being a successful trade-off for me is having "good" or better in fielding and/or pitching dev while not having a negative report in any other dev and also having "good" or better in at least one of the other three areas while not having negatives in any of them.

Something like: above average at managing hitters, good at managing pitchers, excellent fielding teacher

would probably be perfect for me. It's too bad you can't search by scouting reports xP

Previous Page | Show All |