Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> VI.2 - Long road trip to start   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The schedule-makers were not kind to the Bikers this season, with many players wondering just where Berwyn even is. After playing the first two games of the first Cup series at home, the Bikers took off on a 14-game road trip to start the season.

Optimism was high, winning 3 of 4 in the first Cup series and heading into League play, where we went 5-1 in the first two series. But the wind was let out of our sails a bit as we were swept in a 4-game series. It was a low-scoring series, a mere 20 runs combined, and all four games being 1-run contests. Most disappointing was that we held leads heading into the 8th or later in three of those four, while the fourth game was a 2-1 loss. This prompted some changes to the back end of the bullpen, and the release of a 14-year veteran OF.

The 14-game road trip concludes today in the Cup series. An 11-game home stand lies ahead, followed shortly by another 11 on the road. If we can weather the storm in the early part of the season, and our pitching can hold up (team ERA of 3.44 thus far), it might bode well for the Bikers on the back end who close the season with 14 of the final 17 at home.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I read somewhere that the official team statement said sprinklers mysteriously came on and flooded Berwyn Stadium, forcing the team on the road.

There was speculation it was one of the opening opponents, but sources in Berwyn say the owner is known to have wet T-shirt contests after hours and that a contestant named "Large Marge" was responsible for most of the water usage.

On a related note, the Berwyn Reservoir will be closed until the water level rises again.

"Large Marge" was unavailable for comment.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Lol.

Long road trip to start the season in Missoula too - its based on the pre season rankings as to how your schedule works out - I think I was 4th in my division, so I imagine you were the same.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah I think I remember reading somewhere before that 4th place schedule was the weirdest one. The rest are usually balanced.

Previous Page | Show All |