Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Blind scouts??   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
occham

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/106394/T

Started at a 3 at age 17. At 26, he's 12. "Solid" should put him at 13-15 when he's done.

He'll probably get there - he only needs one more point. It's been a LONNNGG slog but it's at least possible and they'll hit their rating.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Reference this thread for what the reports mean.

Potential is their ceiling. Some guys will never reach their ceiling, but don't assume a guy with "amazing in the field" potential grows at the same rate as a guy with "below average fielder" potential. Players also gain on different curves. Some guys develop VERY fast overall. A guy who is far away from his potential and has a good growth curve (hidden) can improve very quickly.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Take this player of mine. He is amazing in fielding. He was a 6 in fielding when he was drafted, and a 7 when I got him as a free agent.

When he was called up to the majors he was a 12 in fielding. Now he is an 18 in fielding.

He may add another point or 2 before he is done growing.

Yea the neat thing is that players grow and learn and get better over time from the minors and into the big leagues.

How much better they will get depends on their scouting talent and some other factors. If they are weak in an area they may not get much better, but if they are strong in an area they should get much better in that area.

Updated Friday, April 7 2017 @ 4:26:45 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Perfect example. That guy gained 12 points in fielding over the course of 6 seasons. About 2 points a season.

Updated Friday, April 7 2017 @ 4:52:24 pm PDT
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea and along with the amazing fielding, he is developing into a promising hitter as well. ( Though my big ballpark is holding him back some )

But the development of his ratings is progressing right along.

Updated Friday, April 7 2017 @ 9:32:47 pm PDT
skeetz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
First round pick in the draft.http://brokenbat.org/player/154329

FIRST ROUND !!!!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
First round pick in the draft.http://brokenbat.org/player/154329

FIRST ROUND !!!!

Complaining, or crowing? I'd take that guy most seasons and be pretty happy. He's got the Latin age problem, but you know that going in with the Latin Pool. Stamina's high for my taste, but otherwise, looks like a well-built prospect.

newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@skeetz, that is a good first round draft pick, I would take him over my first round pick any day. The starting skills on young players are low, the key is proper development. There are very few players who can't make their potential if developed properly. It just takes time and patience, which this game actually helps you learn if you don't have it.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a bit on the low end for a 1st round pick, but not bad either. If he had come in 3rd or 4th round better, but in 1st round can be acceptable.

I draft often in the latin pool, and i know that when you do, you gamble not only on the description but also with age.

If he's 16 or 17 no problem, 18-20 depends on how well he will develop, if he's 21 there's a 99% chance that he won't reach his cap.

Now your guy is 20, if he develops like Lozano you're ok, if he don't promote to A this year you can easily cut him next year if you need a roster spot

Updated Tuesday, May 9 2017 @ 5:42:55 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like a very nice pitcher. Definitely better than my first round pick (POT 11).

Previous Page | Show All |