Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Six-man rotations?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I am currently using a 6 man rotation in order to give some young pitchers some innings.

It is working nicely to give those players some innings.

The only issue that I have had with it is that once there was an error after my 4th starter pitched and it went to my 1st starter and did not go to the 5th and 6th starters.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Did you set it to a four-man rotation by accident? That's a possibility.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I've used one all season both to blood in a new guy, and to try prevent injuries to the others - pleased with the results so far.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Yea buffmckagan, it was set to 6-man when the error happend. It only happened once so far. Since then the 6-man has been functioning correctly.

Yea it was strange.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
That's odd, wil! Sorry if it seemed like I was insulting your intelligence.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@wil_m: rotation sometimes switches back to 1st starter when you change you management settings (not sure what the conditions are).

As for the 6-man rotation question, yes, I'm using it every now and again during long periods of games without resting days when I see that my starters are fatigued.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
When you get into Interleague play and if you are still in the cup, a 6 man rotation can almost become a necessity.
At least having a 6th starter and doing the juggling if nothing else but the 6 man rotation definitely has some uses.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I occasionally temporarily switch to a six-man rotation if I have a game or series coming up that I want to get a certain pitcher to start in, like if I’m needing to get a good lefty to start against a team that bats .197 against southpaws or want to let the spot starter handle a game against the last place team so I can get an ace against a team that’s a bit too close in the standings for comfort.
GullyFoyle

Spokane Wolves
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I've never used a 6-man rotation before this season but I signed a new pitcher and couldn't decide which player to drop. My intention was to either move an older guy into a relief role, or cut someone but so far I haven't made a decision.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey wil - it happened to me today. Not sure what happened. Maybe this happens the first time you set your rotation as a 6-man deal? May be something Steve should look into.

Previous Page | Show All |