Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Corked Bat?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/90965 Angel DeAngelis has 24 HR so far this season, 8 more than his previous high of 16 HR. Anybody else ever experienced such a dramatic shift in a player?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Anything can happen for one season. First of all, the majority of batters faced/at bats are against players they didn't face the season before due to the ladder, player cuts and additions and so forth. He could face much better or worse talent year to year. Then there's the ballpark factors and plain, old, dumb luck.

Here's my bestone-season fluke. In 2029 his line was 342/417/579/996. Looking at the rest of his career, if you cherry-pick his best numbers individually from all his other seasons you would get 258/340/402/728. 2029 he was acting like an MVP; the rest of his career he's been fourth outfielder material.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I’ve kinda got Billy Morrison doing that on my squad — not so much on one stat in particular as generally being better than ever before across the board. He’s had seasons on par with what he’s doing this season, but not all at the same time like he is in 2031. Last season was uncharacteristically bad for him, but the last time he had a sub-2.000 ERA was five seasons ago when he only pitched 39⅔ innings, and he’s never had a sub-3.000 FIP. The 12-1 record (which, admittedly, I partially attribute to our tendency for come-from-behind wins this season) is also an enormous improvement over any of his previous seasons.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Burt had 22 one season and had 43 the next! Then he had 38 and all ready has 32 and is top in every batting category.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The first guy I remember having a season like that (against me) was Matt Wilson in '22. Doubled his HR production and hit 130 points over his career average. He had some decent seasons after that, but never close to '22.

Pasadena's Kane was '01 Bonds through the first half of the season. Notable b/c he's playing in Legend's west - typically one of the best pitching and defense divisions in all of BB. Has cooled off a lot since the all-star break.

On the Dino's Schneider has barreled up a lot of balls this season. Impressive production given his skill set. Wouldn't take much of a cold spell for him to finish with career average numbers tho.
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1996 Brady Anderson says hi.

Updated Tuesday, April 11 2017 @ 3:37:31 pm PDT
Noodle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Tuesday, April 11 2017 @ 3:37:09 pm PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
re: Angel DeAngelis
On pace for 30 HRs with that GB/FB is pretty freaky

re: Brady Anderson
The first guy I thought of when I read the title -
Juan wasn't a one season corker, but consistently out performed his Power scouting.
If Brady's career profile was smoother, would it look a bit like Juan ?

Previous Page | Show All |