Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Calling up a player too early   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there any harm in calling up a player too early? For example, the system has not yet suggested that I call up Ryan Barnett.... however he appears to be ready. Should I call him up now or should I wait until the system suggests I should.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He looks ready, but at age 22 I'd still wait.

You're half a game off the division lead so I doubt you need him immediately, plus he's getting all the playing time he needs in AAA so I don't see any reason to rush him. If he happens to get a few more SI before he gets called up it just means his transition will be even easier. Good prospect, though some more BC & PD wouldn't hurt.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There definitely can be harm to calling a player up too early. In this case, though, I think you have almost nothing to worry about because he's no more than around 12 SI from his maximum. If you're ready, I think he is, too.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
With 108 skills already I don't think you have much of a worry about stunting him by calling him up but he did pop another skill in AAA this training update. I would still hold off as there is evidence he is still gaining at AAA and he is still young enough unless you have a real need to move him up to the majors.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I doubt you need him immediately

Burnett would be a massive defensive upgrade in RF. Greene's bat could stay in the lineup at DH. (Current DH Mason is likely to cool off to career norms.)

Previous Page | Show All |