Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> What Build Do You Prefer?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm wondering what build the other BB managers prefer. Do you guys prefer a player that can hit and has high PD or player that can hit and hit for power?

Updated Thursday, June 15 2017 @ 9:55:39 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I haven't discovered a build that I think is any better than any other, so I don't have a preference. I simply go for the most offensive SI and cross my fingers. After watching them awhile, I let their results dictate where to put them in the lineup.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't really care about "builds". Sometimes I don't even look at my players characteristics. :)
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I used to prefer hitting/PD over hitting/power, but over the seasons that preference has tempered. While I still do like the H/PD over H/power, I've learned that you need both in lineup to have a steady successful offense. A power lineup can be extremely inconsistent, while plate discipline lineup can be frustrating with lob/risp, resulting in 12 hit/walk games with only 3 or 4 runs. IMO
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Have to agree with Philliesworld.

But right now I'd settle for anyone who can hold a bat the right way around.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like balance too. So much so that I don't even mind a PD-power guy here and there, especially when he plays the field really well. It's a whole package sort of thing. If you have too much of any one trait at the expense of another specific trait will probably leave you with holes.

All that said, I've really concentrated the last several seasons on power. And still languishing in 3.4 so take that for what it's worth.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe I think too much like real baseball and not BB baseball, but I still like to set my lineup by a few certain traditions: OBP+SB at top, best overall hitter second, power+low BA third, better slugger fourth, next best slugger fifth, another OBP+SB sixth, what I can muster for seventh and eighth, and an OBP guy ninth. This requires a mix of player builds to find a balance, as several managers have already described.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It seems like I've been negelcting balance in my lineup these past few seasons, going with guys with builds of H/PD. Looks like I need to reevaluate my team a bit.

Thanks for the input.

Previous Page | Show All |