Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Lou Morgan [ID #104404]   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't want him (because of his hitting). I have a glut of 2B right now. Its actually one of the easiest positions to draft for since you can see both speed (tied to range) and fielding in the scout report.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I still can't believe a lower league team wouldn't have wanted this guy. As it is I've been thinking I needed another right handed bat and while he's not ideal, he may be a nice piece.
I've got a series today against a team with 4 LH starters so he's going to get a trial by fire. If he works out, great, if not, somebody ought to have a use for him 😊
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
No speed. No power. Pounds the ball into the ground. He may drop a few bunts down, but any time he doesn't he's a big GiDP threat.

Salary could well be 3 mill+ next season.

Stop gap at best IMO.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes Seca. But F my bullpen. 😂😂😂

Updated Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 6:51:50 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Was a Herculian effort from Esquivel in game 2. :).

Harada's other stats don't seem to add up to 4+ era. Having some ad luck maybe.
TheBa8e

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Tiger504

When I first took over Tombstone, I had a pressing need for a new SS, and this guy was the best, D-wise, that I could find. He's been really solid.

I have a team full of sluggers and he's perfect at #2. Granted his HIT is a bit higher, but he managed to score 120 runs a couple of seasons ago. He's struggling a bit vRHP this season, so I just dropped him down in my line-up. I don't regret him for one second. Good for you!

Updated Monday, June 19 2017 @ 1:04:07 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Morgan was certainly a player I looked at, given Gaytan's efforts at the plate. But landing Tan solved that issue nicely. :)

But I have less walks than anyone in my league, on-base is still a huge issue. There are a bunch of guys like Morgan I've considered adding.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think there are some inherited runner issues going on with my pen. Like they forgot it's a team sport and only worry about their own baserunners, not the previous guys. I watch all my games and cringe at some of the leads blown. It's gotten so if we get to extra innings, it's not if we lose but when and which pitcher. A dumpster fire.

BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I read this thread about Morgan last week, then promptly forgot about him and this thread until I picked him up as a defensive backup at 2B behind Beniquez, who can hit but is at best a passable defender at 2B.

He's expensive, but I am not concerned about budget at the moment. I need a second player who can play 2B which also gives me the flexibility to shift Beniquez to DH depending on who else gets injured.

I'm hoping his salary drops next season however.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope he works out for you!

Previous Page | Show All |