Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Left fielder's miss-play without error   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Game no #2462723

Bottom 3rd: Philadelphia
Campos takes the mound to pitch.
Sheehan grounds to second base. Sheehan is thrown out at first by Im.
Ornelas flies out to right field.
Durham reaches on an error by left field Elliott.
Contreras hits a single to left field. Durham comes in to score.

Yi flies out to right field.
Davenport 0, Philadelphia 1

Durham has 15 SPD, his base running setting is +. Can you guess what happened to that weird situation? or that's just engine didn't count errors that event is 'almost' over? I can't guess any scenario on real baseball...

Updated Thursday, July 6 2017 @ 9:09:29 am PDT
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, I always create answer right after making post... it's 2 out and if there is big fly ball and LF miss it, runner can make score. Still it's curios that Contreras didn't reach to second base. Self-Answered.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe the description needs to be better. The outfielder makes and error and Durham is at 2B. Next batter comes up with two outs and singles, scoring the runner.

If you assume Durham is at first (which isn't entirely clear) -- then it would be a little weird that he could score (advance 3 bases) while the batter only got to first base.

Steve
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Certainly, I can see an argument that "Durham reaches second base on an error by left field Elliott" (emphasis mine) would be more sensical. Don't know how changeable that is.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure I understand the original problem but all errors in BB committed by outfielders are two base errors. Infielder errors are one base errors.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Oooooh... I don't think that's common knowledge (I certainly didn't know that), thus why one may look to the play-by-play description. If it's not there, it's not obvious to the person not in the know.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I just generally assume an outfield error = two bases, infield error = one
sShadow

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Aha... I missed it. Thanks to everyone.

Previous Page | Show All |