Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> September call-ups?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yankee1219

West Allis Devil Dogs
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Now that the minor league season is over, would it be worthwhile to call up minor league players to the majors even if they haven't received recommendation? I don't want to stunt them but since I'm a lock for relegation, I would call up the younger guys if it will have a positive effect. If yes, should I go with just AAA players or include lower divisions too?
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My view on it is to call up guys who you can still be sure of where they are - it won't affect when they'll come up, but they should have a higher Si when they come up. For you I'd leave Haas down since he might get his recommendation pretty soon anyway, but the other 3 may be worth getting as many AB's or IP's as possible.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The main thing is trying to get guys to their recommendation before they turn 25. I'd be fine bringing up any player who you were pretty sure is on a healthy development track and will get their recommendation before they turn 25. This is generally going to eliminate any Rookie and A guys just because you don't have a track record to judge their development speed on.

I would send Hass down because he still needs AAA experience and will likely not get his recommendation if he plays up.

I would definitely send Gentry back down. He is behind in development and needs as much minors work as possible.

Nelson, McLeon, and Conners are too young to know much about their development speed. 19 in A is good, but it is a bit of a gamble.

Vigil, CarreĆ³n, Avila, and Brandon should have no problem getting their recommendation, so its safe (and beneficial) to keep them up.

Updated Saturday, July 8 2017 @ 8:27:37 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |