Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> I feel like this promotion recommendation is way early   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, Sonny Forsythe got a promotion recommendation last training update. I left him down as we were in a tight race and it wasn't a good time for a rookie to cut his teeth. He gained another SI in today's update.

However, now that I look at him, I feel like if I promote him now there is no way he will hit his cap. Currently, with 83 SI and 14-POT, he has 36SI to gain to hit his cap. While ~30SI is achievable for starters and ~25 for relievers, he's a little far away to achieve a potential cap of 119.

Or is this the AI's way of telling me I have another player who will barely scrape into the bottom end of his SI range?

Updated Friday, July 21 2017 @ 6:20:38 am PDT
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
14 pot goes from 112 to 119 SI.

Considering that a properly trained pitcher typically gains a max of 30 SI points in majors, i think that your guy will end somehow around 112-114 SI.

That's the low end of 14, but a 14 point P is Always a great assett, low or high end of 14.

Updated Friday, July 21 2017 @ 6:50:45 am PDT
BrianV

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, that's more or less my math. I'm wondering if I can still gain another 4-5 SI in AAA next season, to give a better chance of capping.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would leave him down for a few more weeks myself. The AI recommendations have some fuzziness attached to them, so they aren't always perfect.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, i can confirm that, even if i usually promote players when they are reccomended.

Robbins is a perfect example:

Promoted him right after reccomended, played regularly, yet he stunted and i think he'll never reach his cap, even if his stats are perfectly in line with the description.

He's a good player anyway but i'm a little sad abount him :D

amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd keep Forsythe down through at least spring training and see if he grows, and depending on that maybe 1-2 more updates. But 30 SI in the majors is easy for a pitcher, he'll move quickly when he does come up.

And Robbins looks like a half season more in AAA might have helped him. Thinking I should have done the same with Baird, who gained nothing after the first few weeks this season. I'm putting him down to the minors for spring training after the flip.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
He can gain more than 30si. I have a pitcher who has gone from 70 to 115 in the majors. I had him spend most of his 3rd yr down because I had an over abundance of SP but I'm fairly certain that didn't help him to keep growing as he kept developing this yr
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I would promote him, but I basically have alwats followed the AI recommendation.

Fernando Hurtado gained 38 AI in the majors. He also went from a 13 POT to a 14 POT, which is

Previous Page | Show All |