Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> A mysterious salary bump   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/129406

Ok, he had won the title. In Legends League. That's a very good thing.
But someone should explain how's it possible that with 1 PA overall (a BB -> OPS 1.000) Sierra went from 0.2 to 1.60.
Steve? 1 PA, even if leads to a 1.000 OPS, it must be too little.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Totally not related, but grats on your league win!

To make it even slightly related, I had a vaguely similar of feeling of "he didn't earn a salary increase" with Joshua Parry. But your example is extreme. Definitely would be interested in Steve's feedback. With no experience in Legends at all, I have to ask: is there a general trend of steep price increases of players?

Updated Saturday, July 22 2017 @ 2:28:48 pm PDT
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you, man.
To respond your question, I have to say that, despite Sierra and a RP I've claimed before deadline, I'm satisfied with salary alignments.
My hitters held or went down, a couple of my pitchers went up, but it's reasonable given their performances and/or histories in the team.

Sierra it's an outlier, even a bug I'd say.

Parry has a bunch of saves and has stayed with your team few seasons. His progression seems justifiable to me.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say Sierra is absolutely a bug. An eight times salary multiplier (or 3+ times, if you go with the majors minimum salary of $0.5M) for 1 walk?!? That's crazy!

Updated Sunday, July 23 2017 @ 11:16:14 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure how this guy got a .85K raise after pitching 5.41 last year... Somebody really messed up on that salary negotiation :(

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say Sierra is absolutely a bug. An eight times salary multiplier (or 3+ times, if you go with the majors minimum salary of $0.5M) for 1 walk?!? That's crazy!

Saw basically the same case a few seasons back. Player had a 1 AB career, BB'd for a 1.000 OB%, and saw his salary jump from .5 --> 1.0 (wasn't a top division player).

IIRC I joked about his agent on the forum, and made a mental note not to let rookie players register small sample size monster stats. But didn't go so far as to post it as a bug. Good that Meccanodonte has taken that step.

Updated Thursday, July 27 2017 @ 7:12:23 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |