Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> World Classic thoughts and quotes.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Karlo Bašić, speaking through his translator, expressed considerable enthusiasm at the prospect of finally getting his first at bat in a World Classic game after having been named to the team four times prior.

André Andre could not be immediately reached for comment, having been celebrating his 21st birthday with Single-A teammate Seth Coughlin, whose 21st birthday had been one day prior. Other teammates reported that he was eagerly anticipating being named to the French team a second time and that he hopes to at least get a pinch hit appearance this time around.

Jung Hwan “The Beast” Lee said in an interview following his selection that he is “proud to represent the Rats” for a second time, and hopes for a better personal showing than what he termed a “disappointing” effort in 2032.

Enrique Madrigal seemed somewhat annoyed that the Spanish team was facing the Russian team rather than a team like the Virgin Islands team, saying that he had hoped for more playing time to get ready for his first season in Double-A.

Matìj Černý and Christian Lien both are proud to have been selected to represent their respective nations of the Czeck Republic and Norway and the Rats organization, but disappointed that their teams would not be playing. “It sucks, man,” Lien said of the circumstances with a helpless shrug. “I wanna get on the mound and play some ball.”

Updated Sunday, July 23 2017 @ 3:23:45 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Andy Muir, South Africa: "I'm so confused by this system. I keep getting nominated to play for the South African team, but the South African team never plays. I feel like this is some kind of sick joke or something."

Bruce Owen, Canadian: "What a bunch of hosers, eh? Never asked me to play..."

Marco Pardo, Nicaragua: "I'm still relevant!"

Updated Sunday, July 23 2017 @ 8:00:47 am PDT
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Pardon the break-in of the flow of this thread, but is there a place where we can check to see which of our players have been selected for their world team? Going to the "World Classic" section only shows the schedule. How can I tell if any of my players have been selected for their nation's team?

Is the only way to see browsing my roster and looking for the little icons?
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
See league notes..on your league page.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was just going to mention League Notes. However, I was also going to ask: how the heck do you expand the league notes, i.e. view past notes? That section is limited in size, and you can't view all the selections.
LeeRyan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Or just check out your club page.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Psycho got scared by Andy Muir's comment ... and then he googled The Fox
A few "Mayday" Malone outings there?
Too drunk to remember you pitched and/or got in a fight with the mascot?

( Jacques "Strap" Pieters jumps on stage ... )
I'm gonna let you finish, but really ... Shouldn't getting to the second round get you into the game the next year?
.500 RISP, under 13 AB per HR?
The selection committee is just scared of Belgium.

Espen "The Ocho" Bijl says settle down guys ... I just hope I get into a game on one of the first three channels

Updated Sunday, July 23 2017 @ 3:24:33 pm PDT
Herp Derp

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Garrett Peeters:
We drew who in the opening round? Mi ta bai kas.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Or just check out your club page.

omg I'm so slow sometimes.

Thanks for that!
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Catfish USA players Louis McDuffie and Tyler Rodgers said in a joint statement to the press that "They were honored to represent the USA and are committed to helping the team get back into their championship ways." Rodgers also quipped "maybe this will be the year I break the 1 home run a year streak."

Previous Page | Show All |