Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Acquiring a young player who skipped AAA....   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Range is wasted yes,but the arm is great for a catcher. Plus you can play him now at C and not really suffer anything much for him currently playing out of position. That was why I made the suggestion. Then he can play the rest of the season and get the experience to gain si
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd personally have to say that his future may be in the outfield. That range is way too much to waste on a catcher.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He may be one of those guys who is never going to fill out. But he definitely should be in AAA right now trying to get a few of those SI. If you don't, he will forfeit them.

With that fielding I don't know how he could ever play SS. I would say he's an OF but if his fielding doesn't improve catcher would be a decent position for him too. That would waste range, sure, but that fielding, ugh.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@tiger are you saying that he won't do as well staying in the majors as he would spending more time in the minors?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
In a word...yes

There is evidence that indicates players that skip much or part of minor league training do not fully mature to their potential.

He may very well be a good player for you regardless of what you do but I would speculate his SI will ultimately be higher if he spends some updates in AAA.

Since he has been on your big club his training has accelerated but that will only last so long and he will stall out. Likely before reaching his cap IMO. AAA would do him good I think.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the word "evidence" is probably not strong enough here. Its a well known part of the game mechanics. Promoting a player before they get enough training at the minor league level will lead them to stunt. You can look up the section on experience & training in the manual for more info.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Players are not always stunted. A couple of my own players I promoted early fully developed,one did stunt by 8si,and quite a few of the free agents I picked up were promoted early and they fully developed. So it's not a fast and true rule
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Players still gain training (at a low rate) in the majors. So it depends on how close they are. But I don't think I have ever seen a player skip past AAA entirely and not stunt.

Whitmore and Galindo look to be a bit stunted. Who are your examples of early promotes that did not stunt? Did they have at least 1 full year at the AAA level?

Updated Tuesday, August 22 2017 @ 3:56:46 pm PDT
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Look at all the free agents I've picked up. I have a bunch. I'm confident Galindo and Whitmore will each gain 4-6si more each which puts them at the low to average end.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
All your free agents... That's not a very precise example. I doubt Galindo will grow that many more points. There is an outside chance he will gain 4 points (although he could still be stunted at that point), but he gained 0 points last season, so he is probably done developing at this point.

A player reaching the very bottom of their listed POT range could still be stunted by 7-8 points.

Updated Tuesday, August 22 2017 @ 4:26:36 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |