Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Great Players with Low Pot   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Barber is clearly the better of the two, but that's exactly what one would expect. A 103 pitcher versus an 85 position player wins almost every time. About the only time that wouldn't be the case is if a pitcher has 18+ stamina and great defensive stats. I can't say I've ever seen an 85 position guy that I thought was better.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Check out Marroquin. 12 potential and 101 SI, yes, but he has every red flag imaginable. Below average control, throw all day, high defense, etc. And here he is in his fourth season of his six year career with an ERA under 3.00. His walk rates are ridiculous, he's only cracked 60 ST% once in his career, and his WHIP is Orioles-esque. But that ERA though...
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's a 12 pot pitcher that has continued to win all the way up to legends at the age of 33.

Strange that I had other similar pitchers that performed equally in lower divs but couldn't get outs in the higher divs and were dropped along the way.

brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Marroquin has crazy good numbers compared to the scouting.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Cactusguy: Just be aware that almost all of your pitchers are having a similar year of higher FIP than their ERA. Looking at your defense helps confirm it: your defense is picking up you pitching big time! I only mention it because I want it to be clear that your defense is helping you win games. Without them, your pitching staff's ERA would be, I suspect, a goodly amount higher.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Really? I mean I've got a great SS and 1B, but my RF is out of position and my 2Bs resemble first basemen. I never thought of my defense as great. But that would explain a lot actually then. Thanks for that tidbit, I probably wouldn't have noticed!
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Check out this player I just found:

http://brokenbat.org/player/102313

I think Castellano wins this thread. That's a 10 POT with 3 all-star appearances, one of which at LL V.

Updated Wednesday, September 20 2017 @ 12:37:36 pm PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Half my team's hall of famers are 12 pots.
(That i signed on the first day I could)

Downtown + Shadow Knight
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My 11 pot DH Eiji Yachi. If only he had a negative defensive report he would have an even better DH build. He's spending the rest of the season in AAA to try and "learn all he can".

I found him on this thread as a catch & release. I pays to read the forum!

Thank-you GrizzlyDan.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@afreespirit jeez, that L/R split!

Previous Page | Show All |