Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Is He Stalled?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve Yamada has been stuck at 107 SI since he was 24 years old. I was wondering if he's just stalled out? He has pitched more than 100 innings since he came up to the majors, but I'm not sure if that can be a factor.

Updated Monday, September 11 2017 @ 3:38:08 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably. I've had lots of guys like that (very few of my pitchers reach their potential). Byrd stalled out at 107. You're guy might still pop a couple, or he might end up like Byrd.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unfortunately, I think he has stalled. At over 400 ML innings over 3 seasons, I don't think the SI is going any further. He did reach all his scouting comments (major league fastball and curve and starting pitcher stamina), so he may not even be stunted, he may have just been over estimated when scouting.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input guys.
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Baird seems to have hit the wall at age 25, nothing since update #3 last season. Both he and Jansen were taken in the 1st round in 2028, and both have stopped at the same level. You might argue Baird needed more AAA time but he came up later than recommended, and I've even given him innings in the spring to see if that helped. I doubt either of these guys gain more than 1-3 SI, if even that.

Previous Page | Show All |