Broken Bat Baseball
I moved my post to the Help forum.
Sorry, posted in wrong spot.

Updated Monday, October 9 2017 @ 7:17:53 am PDT

Updated Monday, October 9 2017 @ 7:37:22 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Training update was not too kind for us, forced me to move O'Conell from roster to team Hall of Fame, also Menendez and Huber were hit pretty bad. Some minor drops for other 30+ players, but nothing as significant.

I'm fearing Menendez will lose his magic this year and I will have to let him go. I don't know how I can do that, promoting him from AAA for last 4 series of 2022 was one of my first decisions after taking over the team...
ephenssta

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Think I've got a solid core to my offense for the next few seasons. In the process of going young on offense and drafting pitching in the early rounds to try and set myself up for the future.

The present looks...grim. I'm pretty much placing a claim on all the eligeable pitchers out there. It's going to be a rough year for Cedar Park.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Today is the first day I have signed in since September 2nd, and I see that I somehow promoted. So, now I have to check out my new league and wonder how the hell I promoted....
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
McDoogle, long story short... inter-divisional play. That, and my team realized they weren't as good as they thought they were.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Dsz

From the looks of it your team had my teams number and I lucked out towards the end :(. Wish I was here to see it, but some unfortunate circumstances prevented me from being here.

Your team is great though, and I have no doubt you'll be in league 3 next season while I relegate down! :)
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Winning Schwartz on waivers should go a long way toward improving your odds, dsz071. I swear, you have some of the best luck with pitchers on waivers, between this guy and Shelton a few seasons back.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Dsz has the magic touch, that's for sure. On January 15th, he nailed it three seasons in a row starting with the big 166 waiver claim in 2031. Then exactly a season later he hit TWO 50+ claims on the same night. 2033 was his "weak" year, collecting a 23 claim guy. Imagine his surprise when he didn't capture one this year. "But wait for it!" yelled the RNGod. In the spring the Schwartz is with him. Some guys have all the luck. The biggest problem with this game is there is no real control over your roster. At least not who you get. It's much more of a manager simulation than GM, that's for sure. You simply deal with who the higher ups get you.

Updated Thursday, October 19 2017 @ 3:27:52 am PDT
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
GTFO here.... I didn't even realize the Schwartz was with me until I opened this post. That's crazy. True I did hit all of those claims but not one of them are still with me. Shelton had a couple monster years as my closer but then wanted 6M/year, bye. The team that picked him up used him as a starter, check out those numbers... The two 50 claimers I got, one worked out and had a good year, the other I released before the all star game I believe. The 23 claimer from 2033 was a 1B that I released after a couple days, before the season even started. Then this of season I put in claims on just about every pitcher available because that's what I do, try to piece together a staff using smoke and mirrors. Maybe the BB gods are helping me out with FA pitchers because all I can draft is 12 POTs that can throw all day, I don't know. But we'll see how The Schwartz works out, I needed another starter.

Updated Thursday, October 19 2017 @ 4:56:59 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not saying getting a high claim guy guarantees success with him. My longest shot ever was last year's 78 claim guy and I sent him packing after the season thanks to him issuing more than half a walk an inning. Ridiculous! However, it is amazing that you've had great success with getting claims. Getting two pitchers with over 100 claims in just a few short seasons is amazing. Probably even more amazing is getting the two 50+ arms in the same night. I've gotten one 50+ guy in my 15+ seasons!

Updated Thursday, October 19 2017 @ 5:07:56 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |