Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> This prestige rating is DOPE!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, so Seattle and Thunder Bay turned out to be good guesses for me. Waterloo and Birmingham are still to come but I was wrong about College Station. Who is still out there? Because I clearly missed the mark on them. Too early in the day for mental gymnastics for me.

Edit: Cedar Rapids? Too close to home I guess. Of course, when the wind is out of the north you can smell CR from here, thats no joke. Pretty impressive!

Updated Friday, October 20 2017 @ 5:49:33 am PDT

"Residents upset over unpleasant odor in Cedar Rapids" - one of the headlines this morning 😂😂😂

Updated Friday, October 20 2017 @ 7:01:46 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cedar Rapids. Long Cup runs, 3 years in Legends, most of the rest of the time in II. Finished in 2nd place in II.1 for 5 years running.

Updated Friday, October 20 2017 @ 5:49:44 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it's safe to come in and try this now. Hopefully the server situation is solid. Here we go, the top three in DOPE!

#3—Cedar Rapids—Their owner has a riddle for you, “What have I got in my pocket?” If you are learned fellow, you know the answer. A ring. As in the one ring that rules them all. The Legends Championship ring. Immediately Buffalo pipes up, “They stole it from us! Sneaky little Royalses.” You really should check out their 2027 playoff contest. Incredible. The quick summary—Buffalo was up 3 games to 2. Cedar Rapids then won games 6 and 7 in extra innings for the Ring. Another interesting note—the visiting team won all seven games. Cedar Rapids struggled a little the next year and have since come in second place in II.1 for five years in a row. That’s consistency. On the Cup side of things, they’ve advanced at least 4 rounds half the time over the last decade. Precious.

#2—Waterloo—I’ll admit it, if I just look at the last two teams, I think I’d pick Waterloo as number one. They are soooooooo very close it’s ridiculous. Both teams have the following identical 8 seasons of the last ten years—2 Legends Championships, 1 Legends Runner-Up, 3 second place finishes and a 3rd and 4th place finish. The remaining two seasons have Waterloo in third, while the listed #1 team below was in second. Waterloo, however, has a Cup Title from 2026, essentially giving them 3 World Titles in the decade, which is the most of any team. If I ignore the math, I may have picked them. The calculations, however, say otherwise. One final tidbit—Waterloo hasn’t finished a season below 6th in the rankings over the last decade, which no other team can claim, and they were #1 after both 2029 and 2030.

#1—Birmingham—Just a hair above Waterloo, the Athletics earn the number one DOPE spot. You really should do yourself a favor and check out the histories of the top two teams. Birmingham, for example, has had the number one official ranking for Broken Bat 4 of the last 10 years, and was second three of the other years. They have been ridiculously, consistently phenomenal. Overall records aren’t considered in DOPE, but their 908 Legend victories (regular season) over the last decade, 20 more than even Waterloo, supports their number one stake. While not claiming a Cup title (yet), they did advance 5, 6 and 7 rounds over the last ten seasons. One final note in Birmingham’s defense of the number one spot—In 2030, Waterloo and Birmingham tied for the division lead with 100 wins. Waterloo won, though, based on run differential and went on to win the playoffs gaining significant DOPE in part due to RD. You should check out both teams carefully and see who you give the edge to. I think it's clear they absolutely should be one and two. The DOPE says Birmingham is the best. Well done. We'll see if they can hold that title over the next two seasons. My plan is to do this every other year.

I hope you all had as much fun on this DOPE trip as I did! :)
kladu

Birmingham Athletics
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
bow low and doff my hat

I'm proud, fierce competition.
Intend to enjoy this great game also post big bad empire times, they were after all fuelled by having a luxury of being able to choose between big-bars back then.

Thank you, Mike
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If Mike does this on a regular basis, I might have to start putting more effort into Cup games, LOL.
Deuce

New London Rippers
V.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Thx Mike, fantastic work!! I look forward to the next iteration of DOPE!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks MukilteoMike. An interesting exercise. Appreciate you efforts.

When I saw the 10 season criteria, I knew the Dinos would be near the top. That period captures the zenith of the club perfectly.

In truth, I thought the cup win would put us ahead. Feel that's the most difficult thing to achieve in Brokenbat. But Birmingham really is the more prestigious franchise. Happy to be mentioned along side the As.

PS - I don't think 2030 should be held against me. ;) Had an unlosable position after game 159. Played the kids in 160 (avoid injuries to key players for the playoff). It was close, but not the razor's edge the final standings suggest.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Great job mike! Completely captured my attention.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Kudos!
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Many thanks for this Mike, was a great read (and must have been a lot of work)!

Previous Page | Show All |