Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> OF Decision - Any thoughts?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi all,

Hope your Spring's going well.

I'm stuck on a decision here, and not sure which is the smarter move. I'm a LL6 team who is still a season away from doing well. I also have all my other positions assigned, so there is no room for these guys at another position.

I have Marco Mesa in RF against LHP and RHP and I have Do Hyun Lim on the bench.

Marco is a lefty POT14 26 year old "great hitter" who is pretty underdeveloped. He did not get the right amount of AAA time, but he's 26 and I feel like it's too late for him to spend another full year in AAA. The POT14 and Great Hitter are hard to pass up, if he has any chance of reaching or getting close to them.

Lim is a righty POT11 25 year old "great hitter" who is on track with his development. His hitting rating is already 15, and he has another 5-12 SI left to develop (unless he pops of course).

So the questions/choices are:

1) Leave Lim on the bench, give Marco the starting job against LH and RH pitchers, and hope Marco picks up development and shows some signs of that POT14 great hitter.

2) Put Marco in AAA for the season at 26 years old, give Lim the starting job

3) Platoon them both, giving Marco the at bats against lefties and Lim the at bats against righties.

What would you guys do?

Like I said, at the moment, Lim's assigned to the bench and Marco has a starting spot against both lefties and righties. But I feel like I'm making a mistake by making Lim a reserve player.

Thanks for the time. Always enjoy these discussions!

Jeff
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Definitely a judgement call on bringing Mesa up. 26 year olds can benefit from AAA. But of course it also means less time in the majors. I would consider leaving him down for the year though. He already has 1/2 a season in AAA. 1 1/2 years seems like the minimum for guys to work out.

All three of those options are good choices. I would pick option 2. With option 1 being my second choice. Lim has some potential, but if you are going to keep Mesa up, you should probably be getting him as many innings as possible to compensate for his lack of Training.

If you go with option 2 this year, option 3 might make more sense next season.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like option 2 as well. I would add only that Marco should train at 2B in AAA this season for flexibility
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with what Rock and Tiger said. Option 2 looks like the best option to me.

You may even be able to get a better player on waivers to fill in while Marco Mesa is in AAA.
Sneaky-Day

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd choose Option 2 and play Lim full time and also have Mesa in AAA.

Previous Page | Show All |