Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Help with who to drop   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With this Mega-Training session, I had a lot of pops, and so did many people. The thought is that this will lead to a lot of quality opportunities to hit the waiver wire. My problem is that my roster is full, (just released one underdeveloped guy I picked up to see if I could do anything with him), but I'm happy with my entire team, both majors and minors, so I'm stuck. I'm looking for some suggestions on other possible candidates should I fill my one available spot.

I've bounced back and forth between LLV and LLVI. My goal for this year is just to avoid relegation, but my pitching is not good. I really don't have the option to drop any of my M.L. pitchers as there is not an abundance of major league ready guys in my price range, and if I drop the mediocrity I currently have, I'm sure to relegate (which may happen anyway).

I think that my minors are strong and I'm patiently waiting for them to grow into M.L. readiness. One thing that I will have to consider is if the guys I put a claim on are better than what I already have. From my current roster, I think that Jasso is probably the most likely option, but he is another project that I picked up and want to try and develop.

I'm open to any thoughts from either majors or minors. Maybe I just need to run with what I have and wait for the development. Thanks for any advice you may have.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Anyone willing to take a look?
mjreichard

New Orleans Knights
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I would consider dropping one of the 3 catchers; pick one to play, one for a back-up and drop on. I would actually consider moving Harvey to AAA for a season and see if he can become a better hitter for your future.

I am not sure I would give Blair playing time at 2B and 3B...he is an OF, below-average at 2B and has never played a game at 3B.

I am not a huge fan of platooning, and you seem to have a lot of platooning in your lineups, but that is just a personal choice. I find it hard to develop the young guys without daily AB's and sometimes if a veteran gets into a slump and isn't getting regular AB's it is hard to get them out.

I don't think your pitching will be bad for Level VI.

For the minors - Jasso is very underdeveloped. Kral might never make it.

Other than that you look ok...I try to make sure I am developing a younger player for all of my 33+ aged players...looks like you have that more or less happening.

Previous Page | Show All |